Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: seeTouch Hybrid Problem

Question seeTouch Hybrid Problem

Hi all,

I've had a seeTouch Hybrid in the field for a little less than a year and it's just started having an issue. I noticed the "Away" mode on it was having trouble being activated which led me to try and deactivate and reprogram the device to see if it will alleviate the issue.

After deactivating the seeTouch, I was able to reactivate it in RadioRA 2 Essentials but when I go to program it, it says:

Quote Quote
    Error: Unable to transfer to Entry > Entry door > Downlights. The device is not communicating.
    Either the device is not powered on, out of range of any repeaters, or has been deactivated.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The seeTouch is about 20 feet away from the main repeater and was able to be programmed and worked in the field for over 8 months without an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You state that you"deactivated" it. Is that in the software/activation tab? Did you also initialize the switch (triple tap/hold/triple tap)?

Quote Originally Posted by mazarian View Post
    Hi all,

I've had a seeTouch Hybrid in the field for a little less than a year and it's just started having an issue. I noticed the "Away" mode on it was having trouble being activated which led me to try and deactivate and reprogram the device to see if it will alleviate the issue.

After deactivating the seeTouch, I was able to reactivate it in RadioRA 2 Essentials but when I go to program it, it says:

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The seeTouch is about 20 feet away from the main repeater and was able to be programmed and worked in the field for over 8 months without an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Imshea View Post
    You state that you"deactivated" it. Is that in the software/activation tab? Did you also initialize the switch (triple tap/hold/triple tap)?
    I did both of those. First I deactivated in software, then did the triple tap sequence on the switch, then activated it in the software. I heard the main repeater beep and the software recognized the seeTouch. Then I ran programming.

You may need an old trick. This used to happen occasionally to standard wall station keypads. Here's the easy fix to try:

Design Tab --> add a new hybrid next to the old one that is not responding well or dropping out, new location but a recognizable name similar to the old one.
    Programming Tab --> right click on the plate of the non-responsive hybrid to copy all keypad programming
    Programming Tab --> switch to new hybrid and right click on plate to copy old keypad programming onto new keypad.
    Physically deactivate old keypad
    Design Tab --> Delete old keypad **see below for extra steps for hybrids**
    Activation Tab --> Activate "new" hybrid on the existing "old" keypad
    Transfer --> self-explanatory, it needs the playbook

**you will have to go and add the "new" hybrid load control/dimmer to all existing buttons that used that load control, as it will be lost when you delete the "old" hybrid in the Design Tab**
    **rename the load on the "new" hybrid to match the "old" hybrid**
    This step is required for proper control to be returned to the system for that load. If using this trick on a standard wall station keypad, this final step is unnecessary.

This is the technique we used to use when the W keypads would pull the same trick on us, call it a "glitch in the matrix". Deleting the "old" version of that keypad fixed the issue 99% of the time.

Hope this helps.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I will give that a try! Thanks for your help. :)

Quote Originally Posted by mazarian View Post
    I will give that a try! Thanks for your help. :)
    @mazarian, please let us know how it works
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols