Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RA2 Select and Logitech Harmony remote?

RA2 Select and Logitech Harmony remote?

Hi!

I just installed RA2 Select in my new house and it works really well with HomeKit.

I saw in the documentation that RA2 Select is compatible with Logitech Harmony. I purchase a Logitech Elite remote... Logitech Harmony can't find the RA2 Select controler?

Please let me know if it is possible to get it to works or if the documentation from Lutron was jut too new for the reality of Logitech?

Thanks in avance!

Richard

How are you programming the Harmony remote? You need to add the RaSelect from a tablet (iPad,iPhone,etc). Have the Hub Scan the network. Then add the Lutron Controls into an activity and then go into Harmony Setup, Add & Edit Activities/Devices, Then Remote & Hub, THEN Harmony Elite Button Customization, Then Home Control Buttons...

I find I need to use both a laptop and mobile device to program. Some features can only be setup using mobile and some software updates only install using a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDumoulin View Post
    Hi!

I just installed RA2 Select in my new house and it works really well with HomeKit.

I saw in the documentation that RA2 Select is compatible with Logitech Harmony. I purchase a Logitech Elite remote... Logitech Harmony can't find the RA2 Select controler?

Please let me know if it is possible to get it to works or if the documentation from Lutron was jut too new for the reality of Logitech?

Thanks in avance!

Richard
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

3. Thanks RichardDumoulin thanked for this post
    Likes RichardDumoulin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    How are you programming the Harmony remote? You need to add the RaSelect from a tablet (iPad,iPhone,etc). Have the Hub Scan the network. Then add the Lutron Controls into an activity and then go into Harmony Setup, Add & Edit Activities/Devices, Then Remote & Hub, THEN Harmony Elite Button Customization, Then Home Control Buttons...

I find I need to use both a laptop and mobile device to program. Some features can only be setup using mobile and some software updates only install using a laptop.
    Thanks Lukeetal! You are correct, I was able to add it using the iPad Harmony application but not the PC application. It works really well!

Thanks for taking the time to answer, it is really appreciated! :)

Do you know if the Elite version is supported on the Select system for sure? As far as I know its not supported on the RA2 systems. This is one of these things luton keeps doing that makes me angry. Allowing things on caseta and ra select that radioRA 2 can't even touch!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if the Elite version is supported on the Select system for sure? As far as I know its not supported on the RA2 systems. This is one of these things luton keeps doing that makes me angry. Allowing things on Caseta and RA select that radioRA 2 can't even touch!

[QUOTE=dvpvic;19354]Do you know if the Elite version is supported on the Select system for sure? As far as I know its not supported on the RA2 systems. This is one of these things luton keeps doing that makes me angry. Allowing things on caseta and ra select that radioRA 2 can't even touch!

- - - Updated - - -

Short story, I have the Harmony Elite and it works with RA2 Select but you need to configure it using the mobile application. I did use an iPad and it took less than a minute to add the RA2 Select controler. I was not able to make it work when configuring the Harmony from my computer. That's why I was looking to upgrade to the Harmony pro.

It is sad that Logitech does not update it's web site, documentation, compatibility list and answer question in it's forum....

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDumoulin View Post
    It is sad that Logitech does not update it's web site, documentation, compatibility list and answer question in it's forum....
    That is the reason Lutron created the forum here. They do look at every post, but have a policy to not respond 24-48 hours to let the community help out. They will jump in immediately if information given is incorrect, however. Lukeetal has been here a long time and has given great advice (and suggestions to Lutron!) the entire time. He's one of the best on here, and has helped me on more than one occasion.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

8. Thanks Lukeetal thanked for this post
    Likes Lukeetal liked this post
    Richard, we're you able to trigger preset scenes or trigger a slow fade with the Harmony?

Back on here hoping theres a chance harmony remotes might be supported soon? Sucks that RA select has it available but nor RA2.

Do you know if Harmony hub or elite can control lutron homeworks Qs devices ? If can doit with Radio Ra i suppose can do it with Homeworks , right ?

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    Back on here hoping theres a chance harmony remotes might be supported soon? Sucks that RA select has it available but nor RA2.
    There is a newer mass-market hub available that will do it, in a roundabout way. It is called Hubitat (hubitat.com). It's kind of a cousin of SmartThings, but totally independent. They have full Caseta, RA2 Select, and Radio RA2 integration. It's a good way to integrate Lutron with consumer technologies, like Logitech Harmony Hub.

I said roundabout, because there is not an "official" integration yet. To get the Harmony working in Hubitat one needs authorization keys that come from the official SmartThings integration. Once one has the keys it's easy to set up and run.

The installation instructions:
    https://community.hubitat.com/t/harm...gration/184/17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast