Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keypad wiring redundancy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Y. View Post
    This is a good practice but make sure you don't connect both ends of the loop unless you disconnect the link in the middle. I have heard of this being done by accident and it caused communication issues on the link.
    Sorry to reply a few years later, but I am new to Lutron install. Our company always does loops with Keypad wiring in the 8 to 10 keypads..but we always connect on both ends...is it a bad idea to do this?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by racrumpt99 View Post
    Sorry to reply a few years later, but I am new to Lutron install. Our company always does loops with Keypad wiring in the 8 to 10 keypads..but we always connect on both ends...is it a bad idea to do this?
    I would advise against connecting both ends. It may work, but there is a chance it could cause communication issues on longer wire runs. Having the loop back in there for troubleshooting is helpful, but I wouldn't connect it unless you end up breaking the link somewhere in the middle.

3. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Yep, I always run a return wire for all links to a point I can later access just in case a wire is ever damaged. I also run a 4 conductor wire on dimmer links just in case more dimmers are ever needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I always run a return wire for all links to a point I can later access just in case a wire is ever damaged. I also run a 4 conductor wire on dimmer links just in case more dimmers are ever needed.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12