Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wizard will not assign replacement ballast

Wizard will not assign replacement ballast

Just replaced a bad ballast (Hi-Lume-3d H3Dt817GU310) with a new one. It is EXACTLY the same type of ballast. Now that light fixture remains on all the time! Quantum 2.5.291A Wizard lists it as "Not Responding" and will not address it. There is nothing wrong with this fixture. I actually swapped this new ballast with one from one of the the other 4 fixtures in this office and the the fixture will respond to commands and the schedule. Therefore this fixture is wired correctly and has a good ground. I ran Replacement Wizard many times and will not assign the new ballast. I have tried 5 different new ballasts in this fixture and in other fixtures and not one of them will the Wizard assign. Contacted Lutron Support and they want to charge me $175/hr to look into this! I work as a Building Engineer in a 7 story office building that is one of 8 different high rise buildings in City Center Allentown. 3 new buildings are under constructing and every one of them will have Lutron control systems. Yet they want to charge me to look into an issue that is obviously on there end because the program isn't working properly? Does this mean that every time I replace a ballast I have to pay hundreds of dollars to Lutron for support? Can someone out there help me?

Hello Tony,
    Thank you for your post.
    I have confirmed that the issue was taken care of through our remote services team. Let us know if you require further assistance on this issue.

One probe of the multimeter should touch the hot wire connections, while the other touches the neutral wire connections. If the ballast is good, an analog multimeter has a needle that will sweep to the right across the measuring scale. If the ballast is bad, then the needle won't move

This Wizard was most commonly seen with high graphics settings. Filmplus