Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Why I do not like RaSelect

Why I do not like RaSelect

I have been a level 2 RadioRa2 installer since 2011 and here is why I do not want to install RaSelect on any jobs.

1. RaSelect has features that RadioRa2 doesn’t support.
    A) Works with Nest, No support for Nest Protect alarms to turn on lights during a Nest Protect Alarm.
    B) No support for Nest Smart Away.
    C) No Logitech Harmony remote Support, yes I can use IR and teach the homeowner to point at a keypad but this is so 1990’s.

2. Upgrade path from RaSelect to RadioRa2 that doesn’t require reprogramming the entire job.

There is currently no way to import programming from RaSelect. So if I have 100 devices programmed, scenes created and customized, time clock events, etc all of this programming needs to be redone. So I also need to re-activate devices too! The $800.00 for the main repeater and Connect are nothing compared to the reprogramming costs.

I would hope that when Lutron releases RadioRa3 these points will be addressed. I also would like to see.

4. POE option for Aux repeaters.
    5. Some sort of mounting option for RaSelect main and Aux repeaters. Really hard to believe this was overlooked.
    6. Better support for remote support installer login. Many IoT apps work with Apple’s keychain to store saved passwords. For example Nest, Keychain can be used to save and login to different Nest accounts with one click of the Key icon.
    7. Support for Ring Doorbell. In the form of if someone rings the bell after dark a light turns on using Lutron.
    8. Automations like Apple HomeKit, if light 1 turns on then turn on light 2.
    9. IFTTT support.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

2. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Not sure what you mean by no Logitech Harmony support. But my Ra2 Select works fine with my Harmony Hub without a ir keypad. I just can't get the fan dimmer (rrd-2anf) to intergrate. All other dimmers and switches work great.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you mean by no Logitech Harmony support. But my Ra2 Select works fine with my Harmony Hub without a ir keypad. I just can't get the fan dimmer (rrd-2anf) to intergrate. All other dimmers and switches work great.

Exactly, if you upgraded to RadioRa2 because you want keypads your Logitech Harmony remote will loose the ability to control the controls you installed that work with both systems.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.