Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro sensor switch MS-OPS5MH-WH-3

Maestro sensor switch MS-OPS5MH-WH-3

So I bought a 3 pack of these switches. I installed the first one in my work area in a 3-way config and it works great.

I think installed on in my stairwell at the bottom as I tend to walk down it without thinking or with my hands full and by time I get to the bottom its darker than I thought and can't see.

So the one in the stairwell fired up, worked in all aspects, motion switches it on, I can manually switch it on and off at the maestro switch and at the old manual switch. Next day it didn't. nmothing would turn it on. Checked all the wires and it seemed ok so figured maybe a bad switch. Wired up the last switch in the 3 pack and got it working... same as first, works in all aspects... then it stops. When it stops it will not switch on with the sensor, the maestro switch button or the old other manual switch. Nothing. Removed power and turned it back on after 10 minuets and still no worky. Unwired the whole thing and rewired and it started working again. I know it says about possibly having to reverse the travelers but as the switch seems to work correctly, that means the wiring must be ok right? All my connections are rock solid. Any ideas on what would make it stop the next day? Its working now, so will see what tomorrow brings I guess, but this is confusing. I haven't traced all the wires yet, but as its in the basement stairwell it is fairly close to the consumer panel and I should be able to trace it all fairly easily at least. Thanks for any ideas on this one.

You may want to check the daylight sensing mode. If it senses enough light, it will not turn on. You can disable the daylight sensing. To adjust it, you manually turn the light on within 5 seconds of motion. Eventually, it will learn/adjust.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You may want to check the daylight sensing mode. If it senses enough light, it will not turn on. You can disable the daylight sensing. To adjust it, you manually turn the light on within 5 seconds of motion. Eventually, it will learn/adjust.
    Not sure I uderstand this... It stopped working again, seems like it is pretty darn close to 24 hours that it works.

I can't turn it on manually at either switch now. I pretty much have to take it all apart, both switches and then it will start again.

So I need to take it all apart again to try and get it working. Then once it is working - if I walk in front of it, it will turn on. If I press the button it goes out. Not really sure how I would turn it on if it has already turned itself on, that just doesn't make sense. If it turns on with motion and press the button, it turns it out.

Why does it stop working after 24 hours of working just fine???

Hello jogdial,

Thank you for your post!

In order to best assist you we would recommend calling our technical support line at 1-844-588-7661 we are option 1, with a multi meter.

We have seen instances of ground wires that are too close to homes, causing changes in the grounding connection, this could explain why it only works for a small bit then stops. The easiest way to determine the root cause is by calling in.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Julia K.