Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will we ever get scene saver buttons??????

Angry Will we ever get scene saver buttons??????

I have asked tech support numerous times and posted numerous times in the useless "feature request" topic as far back as 3.5 years ago. I find it unfathomable that we cannot get a Scene Save button type in HWQS. We had this with HWI and from what I understand you can do this via the Lutron app. Why has this feature not been added? I try to make sure my sales dept pushes for Crestron lighting as our programming suite uses Scene Saving as a key part of our UI. Telling a client we cant save lighting/shade scenes because they went with Lutron is unfortunate, especially when they went with Lutron because they felt it was the better option.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi JohnMax, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on how we can improve the Lutron HomeWorks QS system. While this feature is not currently available on keypads in the Lutron HomeWorks QS system, the dealer and the homeowner can use either the Lutron Home Control+ app or the Lutron Connect app to not only adjust the intensity of the zones programmed to a keypad button but you can also add and remove lights and shades from the buttons. These apps also allow either the dealer or the homeowner to also adjust the times the time clock events occur and which lights and shades are controlled with each event.

We have passed along your forum post the development team for future consideration.

I suppose like my requests years ago this will fall on deaf ears with the development team. How hard is it to make a button in HWQS a Scene Save button????? What if we want them to be able to stay in our Crestron UI to do this? The whole point of an integrated automation system is for them to be able to do everything from one place. If we have to jump to another app to configure lighting when it should be able to be done on the other app, then thats just as "integrated" as going to Home Depot/Best Buy and getting 5 "automation" systems that don't tie together and managing 5 apps to control your home.

Surely you guys see the importance in this???

Hi johnmax, I completely understand and see the importance of being able to do this from a 3rd party system. If this feature was added into the software, it would also require a new firmware to used on the keypads. Since firmware updates of keypads are not possible through the software, new keypads would then be required in order to have this feature function correctly.

Why would it require new firmware? It would be a press and hold button- press executes the scene, and hold would do the save. We already have press and hold buttons- why cant the processor just take the levels of the loads specified to that scene save button and save them when the button is held? It already does this with the app. Surely this cant be difficult. I don't buy the keypad firmware limitation.

Currently the press and hold features only support what is in the current firmware. Adding a new feature to execute this type of event would require the keypad to send a new "different" command to the processor. Without a new firmware for the keypads there is no way to have a current keypad send a command that it isn't programmed with to the processor.

I guess there is no hope for this then. Why couldn't someone have said that every time I requested this?? Saying it isn't gonna happen is more useful then "I'll pass this to the developers".

Thanks for the information. It looks like I should continue to push my sales team to spec Crestron lighting instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Hi johnmax, I completely understand and see the importance of being able to do this from a 3rd party system. If this feature was added into the software, it would also require a new firmware to used on the keypads. Since firmware updates of keypads are not possible through the software, new keypads would then be required in order to have this feature function correctly.

Why isn't firmware update available? Other systems with comparable price points have that feature.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Could try this.

I just thought of this for setting a time zone on a yacht, but it might help here too. You could program an ethernet device in QS to talk to a QS processor through telnet. If there is a Scene Saver telnet command, you just add it to the ethernet command list. Then program a physical or phantom button to send this command. It might give you what you need.