Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Connect Bridge; multiple devices

Post Connect Bridge; multiple devices

Trying to get this correct, and appreciating your assistance before finding out different 1000īs of miles away...

As for BRIDGES for RadioRA 2 system:

the options of usable bridges are:

CONNECT-BDG-1 "normal" older version
    CONNECT-BDG-2 same without power supply transformer
    CONNECT-BDG-3 with power supply and options for abroad
    -also-
    CONNECT-BDG2-1 "normal" newest version
    CONNECT-BDG2-2 newest without power supply
    CONNECT-BDG2-3 newest with options for abroad

any other bridges available for RA2?

not that I care about color, but yes about correct selection... Now, are ALL of these exclusively WHITE in color?
    I see some vendors listing a Lutron bridge, with the engraving of "CONNECT" and listed as CONNECT-BDG2-1 ... but in black color... is this for the Select series or something else or both white & black are available for RA2? pic below...

If understood right... use of CONNECT-BDG2-1 will allow integration with Alexa and also with HomeKit? I already have version 12 of the software.
    If customers (he and she) have preferences for iOS and droid, are both possible simultaneously -she loves the echoīs, while nothing matches iOS for him... can both be suited?

In finalizing, all the other bridges, normally staring with L-BDG-xxxxx including the xxxPROxxx will be for Caseta and rest of non-RA2 systems?

I would not want to purchase wrong components, as my work is always abroad & overseas, hours away on plane.

OK, trimmed picture of vendor with black bridge for RA2 or other type system???
    BTW... just seems to me a bit more creativity could help when naming devices...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp black connect bridge pic.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	743
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails temp black connect bridge pic.JPG  

The CONNECT-BDG-X is no longer a available. It will still work but does not have Apple Homekit support. You are correct on the suffix code. This is the only bridge available for RadioRA 2 but it also works with HomeWorks QS.

The features of the CONNECT-BDG2 are internal to the RA2 Select main repeater. The Smart Bridge (L-BDG/PRO) is for use with Caseta only.

There are no color options for the CONNECT-BDG. They used to be white but the last one I bought came in black. This is a better option since they normally sit in an AV rack.

Once you become familiar with the "code," Lutron model numbers and naming conventions aren't too bad.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks JimmyB thanked for this post
    Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Thank you RandyC!

As this will be my first job integrating Lutron with Alexa and-or HomeKit, one question: Is it possible to have BOTH platforms active? simultaneously?
    I know she loves her Echo dotīs all over the house, while heīs a strict Apple fan (iPhone "must" do everything).
    Will they have to make a choice of which voice-assistance runs or will they be able to use their preference ... obviously w/programming for each at devices?
    ... No fans to be controlled. He gave in to Alexa for music control, but will probably hold ground with Lutron controlled lights ("his turn, so to speak"), but then she is the one at home most of the time...

again, thanks!

You can do both. Some additional setup for you. Lutron is a "one and done" system. They process the commands in the order received no matter where they come from.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

6. Thanks JimmyB thanked for this post
    Again, thanks RandyC!