Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I use Audio Pico for Sonos through Wink 2 or do I need a hub for that?

Can I use Audio Pico for Sonos through Wink 2 or do I need a hub for that?

Still hitting my head on the 50 device limit. If I purchase a Wink 2 (already have Caseta hub and Smartthings but at limit) and use direct with some of my Caseta switches and picos will I be able to use the Audio Pico with Sonos from there? Or do I need the Caseta hub.

Just trying to find someways around the limit until Lutron figures this out.

Stephen

It could be possible. It is theoretically possible to have a Pico talk to multiple systems as they just transmit. You program the hub (Wink 2 or Smart Bridge) to listen to that individual Pico. I have long thought this was a way to bridge my house (RadioRA2) with my master bedroom (Maestro Wireless Gen2) so as not to break the budget and really upset the WAF line.

Just realize that the two systems will be blind to each other- no feedback, period. If this gets too cumbersome, troubleshooting could get really difficult without excellent documentation of what you are doing.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I really just want to know if the Audio Pico can work through Wink 2 without a hub as I am at the 50 device limit and want to add a bunch of Audio Pico to control some of my 8 rooms with Sonos.

That's more of a Wink question. You can have multiple systems in your house. A Pico can be assigned to a Caseta hub or a Wink hub but not both. If you assign the Pico to the Wink hub, Caseta/SmartThings won't know it exists. The question is, does Wink support the Sonos Pico?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    That's more of a Wink question. You can have multiple systems in your house. A Pico can be assigned to a Caseta hub or a Wink hub but not both. If you assign the Pico to the Wink hub, Caseta/SmartThings won't know it exists. The question is, does Wink support the Sonos Pico?

I checked and it does not look like it will work with Wink. So if I want to use several Sonos / Pico controllers looks like I would need another hub to avoid hitting the 50 device wall......then to do any more advanced automatons I still would maybe need the Wink to go with my Smartthings. So many hoops to jump through.....Lutron just allow for than 50!