Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks QS controlling Somfy Shades

Homeworks QS controlling Somfy Shades

Hi, Has anyone used the Somfy Connect device made by Somfy to have Lutron keypads control Somfy shades?
    I'm asking especially now that QSE-NWK is no longer supported in QS and the only way to use the Somfy Connect is via RS232.
    The instructions (attached) that come with the device utilize the QSE-NWK!

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

The last time I did it I used the VCRX CCO's and the Somfy CCI.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks randyc but I'm looking for help specifically using the Somfy Connect device which does require the VRCX and Somfy CCI.

Hello acculite,
    Thank you for your post.
    You can program the feedback commands that the Somfy Connect is looking for as an integration command set. Here is an app note that you can use a guide for how this is setup. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ntegration.pdf

I wasn't able to get the Somfy Connect LTI to work with HWQS. But it did work fine for RA2 Main Repeater.
    Followed the app note above but wasn't able to get anything working using the Somfy Connect LTI. It seems like Somfy Connect LTI isn't able to send login information to HWQS, it can only monitor/receive data. My guess is when connecting directly to the serial port on a QSE-NWK and RA2 Main Repeater there's not a login prompt like there is when connecting via telnet.

I ended up just bypassing the somfy connect altogether and used an Ethernet to RS-232 adapter to a Somfy URTSII. Then followed the directions for Scenario 4 in the app note.

I still only had limited success with button presses using a HQRD-W6BRL keypad. My guess is the RF signal from the keypad was interfering with the RF signal for the somfy transmitter. Because if I used the Home + app and pressed the same button it worked every time. I was also able to mimic the button press in Terminal to get the shades to work.

Thank you drechambers, I'm glad to see I'm not the only that was not able to get it to work. It's interesting how Somfy made and markets their own product that Lutron keypads can control their shades yet cannot provide instruction showing how to do it. All they provide is the document Blair S. provided and say contact Lutron if any issue. This document has nothing to do with the Somfy Connect and Lutron never intended it as specific instructions for any 3rd party integration just as a general option to try.

Are you not able to use a Ethernet to RS232 adapter for Somfy to see HWQS button press feedback? If not then you should be able to send the feedback commands from a button press by programming them as a command set. Feel free to send us a support file and a "outboundconnections" command printout after replicating the issue.

Failed experiences serialing QS to Somfy RTI

If anyone knows the answer please post. The only option may be to integrate using Contact Closures (EIO)

In September of 2023 using Somfy instructions I attempted to serial integrate QS to Somfy...unsuccessfully.

Learned Somfy parts, materials and schematics have not been updated for 5 years. They did not realize NWKs were a thing of the past.

Your attachment serials QS to Somfy via an NWK > LTI > URTS II. NWKs are not supported in QS or QSX software. LTI works with QS using a NWK so its a loser, too. Set it and the NWK aside.

Digi ONe SP is used in place of NW. It converts QS ethernet to serial strings.

Failure 1
    QS > Digi One SP > LTI > URTSI II. DigiOne configured per Lutron Integration Scenario 4 using Somfy's suggested Baud Rate of 9600.

Failure 2
    QS > Digi One > URTSI II via RS485 direct. Baud Rate 9600.

I'm out of ideas.

Note: QS > Digi One communication was not problem.

I bench tested with a Digi One to URTSII connection. Got nothing. Do you recall how the pinned out the connection between the two? In the QS integration protocol did you simply write 0101U 0101D (etc) or did you use hexidecimal?

I think I may have to shift gears to contact closure control.

Here is the answer.
    QS/QSX to Somfy using contact closures is easiest...if there are not a lot of motors becasue, one UTSI RF contact box requires a dry set for open, close, stop.

Example: To control 3 zones of motors 3 URTSIs and 9 Lutron dry contacts are required.

So, if a lot of zones then a DigiOne SP is the answer. The trick is in the connections and Digi settings.

HOW TO:

Use Lutron Integration Scenarios 2 and 4...with the following deviations

DigOne Settings:

Dip Switches All Down (OFF)
    Port profile:

• "Serial Bridging"
    • Peer to Peer
    • IP use the Lutron processor address
    • Port = 2101

Serial Settings:

• Baud: 9600 None 8 None

Advanced Network Settings:

• Auto Auto
    • 30 60
    • 10 5
    • Enable Keepalive
    • 0 1 0

CONNECTION BETWEEN DigiOne and URTSI II

• Standard LAN cable
    • Connect one end into URTSI
    • Cut other end off and get a Female RS232-RS485 Adapt. Connect as follows. (TRENDnet RS232 to RS422 RS485 Converter Adapter, Serial Port Data Converter, Black, TI-S100)
    • Ground: Brown-Brown/White
    • RXD-: Green/White
    • RXD+ Green

Lutron:
    When adding the Ethernet Device set the port to 2101 and do not set up a user or password.

This works.

11. Thanks johnmax thanked for this post
    Likes johnmax liked this post