Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta Wireless Bridge

Caseta Wireless Bridge

I am having enormous difficulties setting this up and will give it one last try before I return the entire thing.

Is there a specific IP address for the bridge that I need to set up in the router?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good Afternoon ALieblein, we're sorry to hear you're having issues getting your Caseta bridge setup. The bridge is setup to obtain an IP address from your router when it is connected. You can use a 3rd party network scanner, like Fing, to see what IP address has been given to it. If you are still having trouble our Technical Support team is available 24/7 at 1-844-588-7661

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Good Afternoon ALieblein, we're sorry to hear you're having issues getting your Caseta bridge setup. The bridge is setup to obtain an IP address from your router when it is connected. You can use a 3rd party network scanner, like Fing, to see what IP address has been given to it. If you are still having trouble our Technical Support team is available 24/7 at 1-844-588-7661

I have spent almost three hours on the phone with ActionTeck, FIOS and Lutron Support. FING doesn't even pick up the bridge. In fact, Lutron support told me that they can't even reset the device. Has not been a good experience. No one can seem to help

Do you have the Bridge wired to the network with an ethernet cable? It can not use wireless. If you already have it hardwired try swapping out the cable.

Yes I have it wired with the ethernet cable. Doesn't recognize it. Lutron is sending me a new bridge.

I do have it wired....it's a big mess and very frustrating. Lutron is supposed to send me a new bridge. We shall see

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi ALieblein, I'm glad to hear that we're doing everything we can to help you out. Since you are using an ActionTec router, we do have Tech Bulletin that was made for Radio Ra2 and Homeworks QS since they have trouble communicating through the same type of router. You'll need to have a myLutron login to access the bulletin, but here is a link to it.

http://www.lutron.com/PasswordProtec...h_Bulletin.pdf

If the new bridge doesn't resolve the issue then that bulletin will be the next step we try.

Hi, The link cannot be found but will see what happens with the bridge