Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6WCL led's flash when turning on

PD-6WCL led's flash when turning on

Hello!

I have searched the forum and no one ever seems to give an answer to why led's will flash on, then go out, and then fade back on to full.

I have the Caseta Wireless PD-6WCL rated for 150w LED load.

I have the Cree DR6-1100L-27K-B1, 16w LED bulb. I know this bulb is not on the compatibility list for the Caseta, now! I thought the Cree bulb was on the Lutron site but it is not. Cree's website does state that the Caseta Wireless is recommended as working best with the bulb. There are 9 lights on the circuit for a total of 144w.

I have tried removing one of the bulbs to lighten the load. I have tried adjusting the High and Low Trim. All with no luck. The only thing that seems to work is to push the up button on the dimmer and the lights turn on, without the flash to the low setting, and then push the on button to go to full brightness. This will work for the short term but don't want to have to keep doing it for long.

Lutron Customer Assistance recommended buying the PRO dimmer with a neutral leg.

So, I am wondering if anyone else has solved the flash issue by using the PRO dimmer, or some other method. I don't want to buy a $100 dimmer switch to find out it doesn't work on top of the $60 for the one I have already purchased.

Thank You!

I forgot to mention I have another PD-6WCL that works fine with some other brand led can lights and switched them out. It still flashes.

It sounds like a compatibility issue. Check the wiring - make sure you have the jumper installed and the travelers connected properly. If not wired correctly, you are basically rebooting the dimmer each time you turn it off.

There is no standard for LED controls so dimmer manufacturer have to make their best guess. When LED manufacturers update or create a new model they usually update the electronics as well. So an LED/dimmer combination that worked for one LED may not work for the new model.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com