Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sonos Volume on Pico

Sonos Volume on Pico

Until I recently updated my configuration I had a Pico remote that was primarily used to control sonos music in my bedroom. After an update (I added a second Play1 to the room) it seemed to break the link to the sonos system. I had not configured the pico as a "Home Audio Remote" but used the Lutron Connect app to configure each button to control the sonos system. This allowed me to set the Favorites center button as an All Off, which was very useful in the bedroom.

After the update I con't seem to link the up/down buttons to control the volume. On a different 6 button hybrid keypad the up/down allow you to pick Enable Raise/Lower Volume Control. This no longer seems to be choice on the pico remote. Was this an intentional change in a recent app update?

Thanks
    Dave.

Sonos did a massive update a month or so ago that may be the culprit, but I've never tried just setting it up in the app, I have always gone thru the PC software first.

I"m not sure if was the Sonos update. When using the Lutron Connect app the keypad I have in the kitchen allows me to pick "Enable Raise/Lower Volume Control" for the up/down keys. This still works perfectly. The issue is only with the Pico remotes. Enable Raise/Lower was an option available to the Pico's until recently. It is no longer is a choice in the app.

Is there a way to setup Sonos control in the Essentials software? Everything I've read for Sonos control, essentially says set the keys to "Multi-Room/Scene" and leave with without any loads. Then program them for Sonos in the Connect app.

- - - Updated - - -

I"m not sure if was the Sonos update. When using the Lutron Connect app the keypad I have in the kitchen allows me to pick "Enable Raise/Lower Volume Control" for the up/down keys. This still works perfectly. The issue is only with the Pico remotes. Enable Raise/Lower was an option available to the Pico's until recently. It is no longer is a choice in the app.

Is there a way to setup Sonos control in the Essentials software? Everything I've read for Sonos control, essentially says set the keys to "Multi-Room/Scene" and leave with without any loads. Then program them for Sonos in the Connect app.

I had submitted a support ticket and got (a very fast) response. There was an iOS update that broke the functionality of "Enable Volume Control" for Pico remotes. There is a fix being implemented in the next few weeks.