Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lamp Dimmer no longer dimming.

Lamp Dimmer no longer dimming.

I bought a Caseta lamp dimmer with pick remote just over a week ago (Jan 20th). The dimmer has been functioning great since I got it but today the dimming function stopped working. Now it will only turn the lamps on or off. If the dimmer is set to 50% for example the lamps will be at 100% even though the Lutron app says they are set to 50%. It doesn’t matter if I set the lamps by using the buttons on the dimmer, the pico remote or the lutron app, I get the same result, no dimming. I have 2 lamps plugged into the dimmer each with a 100 watt regular incandescent bulb. Any suggestions?

Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Lamp Dimmer and Remote Kit, P-PKG1P-WH, White, Works with Amazon Alexa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJY1QG0..._zv6CAbH2SDTHM

Sounds like the unit got reprogrammed to be a switch. Start by going to the unit and trying to manually dim up and down on the module. If that doesn't dim then time to reprogram (do not "factory default" unless you want to remove from the system and bring it back in).Try pressing the On and Off buttons simultaneously for seven seconds (Lutron counts slow, be patient) and wait for the LED to respond. Then check for dimming again.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Sounds like the unit got reprogrammed to be a switch. Start by going to the unit and trying to manually dim up and down on the module. If that doesn't dim then time to reprogram (do not "factory default" unless you want to remove from the system and bring it back in).Try pressing the On and Off buttons simultaneously for seven seconds (Lutron counts slow, be patient) and wait for the LED to respond. Then check for dimming again.

Awesome! This was exactly what the problem was. After following your instructions to reprogram the dimmer my lamps are now dimming once again. Thank you!

4. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post