Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Feature request: change notes in project files?

Feature request: change notes in project files?

It'd be nice to be able to add notes into a Ra2 project file. If just to make note of what needed to be done, for future reference sake. For example, if a particular switch had to be replaced, or programming changes keep having to be made. I keep them all in separate documents now, it occurs to be that it'd be nice to have them in the project itself. If anything, just a text field with a timestamp keyboard or button shortcut. Fancier features would be welcome, of course, but just a text log stored in the project would be a great.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    It'd be nice to be able to add notes into a Ra2 project file. If just to make note of what needed to be done, for future reference sake. For example, if a particular switch had to be replaced, or programming changes keep having to be made. I keep them all in separate documents now, it occurs to be that it'd be nice to have them in the project itself. If anything, just a text field with a timestamp keyboard or button shortcut. Fancier features would be welcome, of course, but just a text log stored in the project would be a great.
    Would be nice I agree also. But with that dinosaur of a main repeater it can probably only store 5 megabytes of data total.

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    Would be nice I agree also. But with that dinosaur of a main repeater it can probably only store 5 megabytes of data total.
    Which is why I said store it with the project file. The one locally written to the computer. There's more stored in a project than gets transferred to a repeater.

This does exist, yet we all forget it's there. Look to the top menu bar and look for Project Info. Same as the page at the very start of a file where you can input the address and owner, as well as your info (now required after ver. 10 or 11). There is an "Additional Notes" section below the address/owner. I've left notes for myself several times here. Should be transmitted to the main during transfer.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols