Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having to replace Lutron switches with broken bezels that won't stay on?

Mike, S.

Attached is my Lutron Diva switches that are no longer being used because of broken switch rocker paddles. All switches are good but I had to replace at the cost of a new switch because the light would not stay on due to the broken paddle. Will Lutron take warrant this defective Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6502.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6505.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6507.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6508.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6509.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	871problem?

Hi Mike,Attached is my Lutron switches that are no longer being used because of broken switch rocker paddles. All switches are good but I had to replace all at the cost of new switches because the light would not stay on due to the plastic paddle being broken as others have stated in this forum. 6 Diva 600Ps, 1 Diva 603P and 1DV10P. Cost me approximately $250 plus my time to purchase and install. This does not include the time we had no lights or limited use of our lights while the switches were unusable. Will Lutron take care of this problem?????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6502.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6505.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6508.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6509.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	875

I run into this quite often. Fortunately being an electrical company we have a lot of old Diva's we take out for various reasons. We keep all the old face plates just for this reason. Been told Lutron can't sell the face plate because it's not URL approved. I have never talked directly with Lutron about this just been told from two different sources they have been told direct from Lutron. But they sell the Maestro face plate.? Maybe call a local electrician and see if they could sell a few. Cheaper than buying the whole device.
    Usually break down with age not over use but will say I have a house that requires frequent changes kits. Former Football player. Always in his bath.

Broken bezels

Yes. Ours keep breaking. Can't tuning them on. Can't turn them off. It is ridiculous !

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Karen we're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Diva bezels breaking. If you call in and work with our Technical Support Team, we can see what we can do about resolving your issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Our Technical Support line is 1-844-588-7661 or you can email Support@lutron.com with pictures of your dimmers and a brief description and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

I have about 20 of this Diva dv-600p (white one) switches. Over the years 6 of them developed this issue and the bazel completely fell off from one of them a few days ago. I found this thread over the weekend and called the tech support this morning and was told they are out of warranty, no luck.

Update: Mike from Lutron's customer satisfaction reached out to me and replacement switches are on the way. This is great service! Thank you, Mike.

Same issue

I have a switch with the same symptom (but have not disassembled it to check the if it's the same root cause), and am waiting for a call back. Hopefully I won't be given the run around.

Update: No issues. New one being sent.

Quote Originally Posted by owurman View Post
    Update: No issues. New one being sent.
    I spoke too soon. I was sent a replacement knob, not a replacement face plate, and for the wrong faceplate. I'm not going to bother following up since I need to buy an LED dimmer anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast