Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED lights flash before coming on

LED lights flash before coming on

I have a Maestro model MSCL-OP153M dimmer which I had been using for halogen lights. I recently converted the lights to dimmable Halo LED lights (retrofit cans that run off of 120V - the lights are manufactured by Eaton). The lights dim just fine. My problem is that when I first walk into the room and the sensor "senses" my presence, all the LED lamps flash on at full brightness for just a fraction of a second and then they go off and slowly come up to the preset brightness. I am not certain what causes this flash or how to eliminate it. I was wondering if anyone else has found a solution. Supposedly this dimmer has been tested with these lights. In case it make any difference, the dimmer is qualified for LED lights (it has the LED sticker on the mounting plate).

Hello Neubecker,

Thank you for your post!

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing! When an LED manufacturer makes a design improvement/change to their product they do not need to contact dimming control manufacturers, nor change their model number. Unfortunately, we normally do not find out about a change to the LED product until customers inform us that the LED is not performing the way we stated on our website. We would like to further assist you. Would you be able to email us at LEDS@Lutron.com with the model number, wattage and lumen of the downlights?

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia K. View Post
    Hello Neubecker,

Thank you for your post!

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing! When an LED manufacturer makes a design improvement/change to their product they do not need to contact dimming control manufacturers, nor change their model number. Unfortunately, we normally do not find out about a change to the LED product until customers inform us that the LED is not performing the way we stated on our website. We would like to further assist you. Would you be able to email us at LEDS@Lutron.com with the model number, wattage and lumen of the downlights?

Hope this helps!
    Here is the specific lights I used (I had 3 of them installed in my kitchen - all the same):

Halo 60-Watt Equivalent White Dimmable LED Recessed Retrofit Downlight (Fits Housing Diameter: 4-in)

[COLOR=#5D5D5D !important]Item # 708870 Model # RA406927WHR

This information was taken directly off of the Lowes website where I got them.

[/COLOR]