Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5WS-DV-WH Installation (Black, White and Green Wires) with LUT-MLC

Question PD-5WS-DV-WH Installation (Black, White and Green Wires) with LUT-MLC

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to install PD-5WS-DV-WH (Doesn't require neutral wire) to one of the bedrooms.

My current switch has Black, White and Green Wires. (Refer to the diagram below).
    I would need to install LUT-MLC as well but I am just confused with the wiring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Current_Switch.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	727

1) How should I wire PD-5WS-DV-WH? My current switch has a Black, White and Green wires.

2) How should I wire LUT-MLC?
    Instructions is showing that I should connect it to the load and neutral but I don't have a neutral wire.

Please let me know if you need additional info.
    Thanks,

Lutron Technical Support
    Since these are the only 3 wires connected to your switch, that white wire isn't a neutral wire. it is a switched-return wire. It really should be marked with either a black marker, or a black piece of electricial tape to indicate it's not a neutal.

For the PD-5WS-DV, one black wire from the PD-5WS-DV would connect to the black wire from your wall, and the other black wire from the PD-5WS-DV would connect to the white wire in the wall. Then the green wire from the PD-5WS-DV would connect to the green wire from the wall. Finally, cap off the end of the blue wire on the PD-5WS-DV. You won't use it.

As to the LUT-MLC, since that white wire in the wall isn't a neutral, you won't be able to install the LUT-MLC here. It would have to be installed up at the fixture. See page 72 of http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf for more information.