Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-user Geofencing

Lightbulb Multi-user Geofencing

It would be nice to have the capacity for the system to have multi-user geofencing. If my wife is at home and I leave, have the lights remain on. If we both leave, have the system ask to turn off the lights (in case the kids are at home with sitter), etc...

2. Likes rhett7660 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaslamp View Post
    It would be nice to have the capacity for the system to have multi-user geofencing. If my wife is at home and I leave, have the lights remain on. If we both leave, have the system ask to turn off the lights (in case the kids are at home with sitter), etc...
    I was really disappointed by this as well. I bought it for automating but I guess it was made only for single people :)

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, there is no logic functionallity for Geofencing for multiple people using it at the same time. I will forward your concerns to our engineering department as a possible future upgrade feature for the Caseta system. Thank you for your concerns about the product and ways to make it better for our customers.

Brian-
    If two users both log on using the same Caseta account, is the bridge sophisticated enough to know when one stays, then the geofencing scene is not triggered? (Assuming I am just looking at lights off when you exit area).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Brian-
    If two users both log on using the same Caseta account, is the bridge sophisticated enough to know when one stays, then the geofencing scene is not triggered? (Assuming I am just looking at lights off when you exit area).
    No it is not that sophisticated. The event will occur regardless of whether someone else is within the radius or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    No it is not that sophisticated. The event will occur regardless of whether someone else is within the radius or not.
    That's a bummer. When the wife is home and I leave, then the lights would still be triggered OFF. With the Connect Bridge coming for RR2 and HWQS, this would be something that would definitely be asked by end users using the geofencing feature. Might be worth looking into on the development side for all the systems- assuming the Connect Bridge cloud features are based upon the Smart Bridge architecture.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

8. Likes tabraham, Tugboatal liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no logic functionallity for Geofencing for multiple people using it at the same time. I will forward your concerns to our engineering department as a possible future upgrade feature for the Caseta system. Thank you for your concerns about the product and ways to make it better for our customers.

This a huge problem! I hope your engineers realize this. Maybe it can use the MAC address of each device to differentiate users? I also hope this can be fixed without new hardware as I just bought mine. This is false marketing and feel cheated. Geofencing was my first reason to buy this and have replaced every switch in the house at great cost Also need to adjust radius to lower than 1000 feet

For those who haven't heard, and are on the iOS platform, the pending iOS11 upgrade is supposed to allow for smarter geofencing, without turning all the lights off on the person still at home. Of course it will most assuredly require every person to have an iPhone. I'm working on my Pro-android wife.

I am assuming this will be if you have it connected to Homekit correct? Or do you know if this will be allowed outside of Homekit? I like what I am reading, but I wonder if Lutron will allow this or enable this via some additional programming to work without Homekit.

Its not a case of allowing or not allowing. The functionality woukd be part of the Homekit update. If Lutron decides to also add similar functionality to their app would be up to them. They are seperate from my understanding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast