Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What am I doing wrong? Can't add H-48

What am I doing wrong? Can't add H-48

What am I missing? I don't see the H-48 or the Maestro HWA-2ANS nor HWA-5E.

I'm running designer 11.5 and my localization is India. I have the "show legacy devices" box checked, so I can see the Q96, CCI8, and CCO8.

There's a mention of first adding the LV-17 panel, but I don't see that either, just LV-14 and LV-21.

Nothing. It is in the US version. I tried creating a file for a random city in India and it did not show up. You should contact tech support and let them know.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Nothing. It is in the US version. I tried creating a file for a random city in India and it did not show up. You should contact tech support and let them know.
    Thanks for doing that. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try. So, I emailed A3E (Lutron tech support in India) and they claim the H48 and LV17 aren't rated for India. I find this hard to believe since this hardware was sold in India with HW Illumination. If it's true, it would have been nice to have a App Note or some kind of disclaimer in the QS Upgrade FAQ since I don't think there's any solution for system local controls now. I'm beginning to think Illumination was a better platform than QS.

Also, I tried adding the LV-17 in other countries outside of the US and couldn't find a single country where it appears.

In the US we have Underwriters Laboratory (UL) and others that "certify" components as safe. Since they don't actually guarantee it, and have no liability, it is really just a scheme to add cost to the components. I assume India has a similar scheme. My guess is that the H48/LV17 were approved for use with Illumination but have not been approved with QS.

I would not let Lutron off the hook though. They stand behind their products more than most manufacturers. I would tell them, "I followed your instructions, now I am stuck!"

QS communicates much faster and has the "promise" of more options, components, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

As far as i know India has no certification body like UL. Even the most basic things like wire connectors are non-existant—the practice is to twist line voltage wires together and tape them up.

These LV17 and H48 is also missing for all of Asia and Europe as far as I can tell.

I believe the enclosure LV-17 would still carry the same certification (CE for the EU countries) no matter what system it’s used in since it is self contained with its own power supply.

Hello Kingfisher,
    I will check to see if it is a supported solution. I will reply back once I have more information.

The 230V Maestro dimmers were obsolete prior to HWQS launch. These were never supported in HWQS for 230V regions. Apologies for any inconvenience. I will escalate this to the appropriate teams for review of our current documentation on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    The 230V Maestro dimmers were obsolete prior to HWQS launch. These were never supported in HWQS for 230V regions. Apologies for any inconvenience. I will escalate this to the appropriate teams for review of our current documentation on the subject.
    The Maestros I have were installed and commissioned in 2013. I have thousands of dollars worth of them installed in four different locations around the property.

The H48 is identical in the US and 220-240 market. All that needs to be done is have it enabled in Designer. How is that fair that it was kept in the US and not elsewhere? And there’s no replacement solution. QS was supposed to be a step forward, offering more not less. I’m reallu disappointed.