Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MA-LFQHW-WH switch/kit acting crazy

MA-LFQHW-WH switch/kit acting crazy

We've had MA-LFQHW-WH kit/switch in our ceiling fan/wall (Harbor Breeze Armitage cheapo with incandescent light kit) for 3 years and it's been working fine. Recently the switch has been acting crazy. Video link here. Light LED spins up and down as in video and will not stop. I tried a reset. I made sure all connections were still connected. On the advice of a Lutron support rep over email I have eliminated any other possible sources of RF interference. Shut down power to rest of place, removed everything from circuit except fan/lightkit/switch. Still wacky.

Bulbs in light kit are original incandescent bulbs (Guy at hardware store suggested CFLs or LEDs were the problem, NOPE.). My electrician came by this morning, checked everything, looked for shorts and was confused because everything looked fine. He even tried a brand new canopy module and switch. Same behavior. He told me I needed a magician. Any magicians out there?

Disconnected the light kit from the canopy module and the fan button controls the fan fine and the light LEDs on the switch operate "normally" (can use rockers to move LED position/on off move LED appropriately) without controlling anything.

Anyone ever see this before? Any advice would be appreciated. Ready to try replacing the fan, even though the electrician tested it/the light kit and the bulbs. Ready to get out the holy water/exorcist...

Thanks in advance!

WAG - make sure you have at least 60 watts of load on the dimmer. Try pairing the devices again. I have had dimmers mysteriously dropped from a system.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hello Dimmerwit,

Thank you for your post!

The fan you are using, does it have the ability to use pull chains? Additionally, does it have a switch to change the direction of the fans rotation? Also did the fan come with any recommended controls?

We have seen where some fans that have their own recommended controls will actually have internal current limiters/other devices that will prevent other controls from functioning properly. We have seen where our controls can work for minutes, days, weeks or years before these components cause our unit to stop working. This could possibly explain why our control is not functioning. If it has pull chains, a switch for the rotation and no recommended controls please call out 24/7 technical support line at 1-844-588-7661 to further assist you.

Hope this helps!

Julia K.