Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Homekit vs Pico Sene, can it be done?

Post Caseta Homekit vs Pico Sene, can it be done?

Hi All,

I'm working on a project for a client who's giving resistance on radio ra2 and ra2 select, favoring the caseta line due to price.

Client favors physical switches for control - is there a way we can create a scene on a caseta switch?
    Spoke to someone who informed me the PJ2 picos can create "scenes" but only with lights on that specific load.

An example:
    Switch 1 - 12 pots (one load <150w)
    Switch 2 - 9 pots (one load <150 w)
    Using Homekit, I know you can turn them both on ... but do you think I can program a button on a pico that triggers it to say turn switch 1 & 2 on?
    & would there be lag? & would one section turn on at a time, or can I get them to operate simultaneously?

Lutron Technical Support
    You can do this with the Pico Scene Keypads: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...691066_ENG.pdf .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    You can do this with the Pico Scene Keypads: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...691066_ENG.pdf .

I've been having trouble getting a clear answer, does this support the Lutron Caseta platform, or just RA2? And if it does support Caseta, is PRO bridge required or the standard one works?

Lutron Technical Support
    The Pico Scene keypads are supported by both Ra2 and Caseta.
    You don't need a Pro bridge. It will work with a standard Caseta Smart bridge.

For what you want to do you don't even need a bridge, use a standard Pico (5 button) remote for switching/dimming of both OR just a Switch Pico remote (only 2 buttons - if they want a simpler look) for just on/off. Either can be set to control both caseta dimmers and will do so simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by pine64 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm working on a project for a client who's giving resistance on radio ra2 and ra2 select, favoring the caseta line due to price.

Client favors physical switches for control - is there a way we can create a scene on a caseta switch?
    Spoke to someone who informed me the PJ2 picos can create "scenes" but only with lights on that specific load.

An example:
    Switch 1 - 12 pots (one load <150w)
    Switch 2 - 9 pots (one load <150 w)
    Using Homekit, I know you can turn them both on ... but do you think I can program a button on a pico that triggers it to say turn switch 1 & 2 on?
    & would there be lag? & would one section turn on at a time, or can I get them to operate simultaneously?

well! In my point of view, Pico Scene keypads may support both Ra2 and Caseta. Therefore, you don't need a Pro bridge. It will work with a standard Caseta Smart bridge.

You don't need any bridge just for this feature alone (you probably do for other reasons). You talk of physical switches - a Pico in a wall adapter mounted in a box (or flat on a wall with no penetration even) will look just like a normal Caseta physical switch/dimmer. It just won't have the always on status LEDs. I have several mounted for use like this into an existing (2 way circuit) box. I even have one added to the side of a 4 way box with a 5 way Claro plate covering all the physical dimmers and the Pico - they all look the same.

Alan