Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Can’t get a Couple devices to reset

Can’t get a Couple devices to reset

I’m reprogramming a system and can’t get a 10 button table top keypad to reset as well as the VCRX. Done the three taps holding on the third but nothing. Everything else has worked fine.

Any ideas on getting them to reset? I can’t activate them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Glackowitz View Post
    I’m reprogramming a system and can’t get a 10 button table top keypad to reset as well as the VCRX. Done the three taps holding on the third but nothing. Everything else has worked fine.

Any ideas on getting them to reset? I can’t activate them either.
    Its a triple tap hold until lights/leds ramp up and down then let go and re tap with a triple tap and let go. If done right the load or LEDs will ramp up and down 3 times after you have let go of the button on the second triple tap. On the VCRX you can triple tap the scene buttons, a little challenging sometimes though.
    Last edited by dvpvic; 01-16-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added detail

Have done the triple tap and hold usually on the first or second tap the 10 button starts blinking all it’s leds. Then nothing on the third tap and hold. Tried many times, tried with power supply plugged in and with just batteries. Removed both batteries and power supply and let sit for awhile and still the same. The vcrx does nothing, just lights the led on the button you try for the reset.

I should make a youtube video for this. I can almost guarantee you aren't pushing the three taps fast enough, or you are holding when the third tap is pushed.

1. tap as fast as you can, you aren't counting Mississippi on this. go VERY fast
    2. tap 4-5 times (I know Lutron says three, this eliminates "tap three then hold or hold on three") extra taps won't/don't matter
    3. as soon as you complete the 4-5 taps, immediately press and hold until the LED readout starts to ramp up and down, the lights on the dimmer will also respond
    4. once the ramping starts, release the button and IMMEDIATELY repeat the 4-5 taps as quick as before
    5. when finished with the second set of taps- LET GO completely. should see the same ramping but at a slower rate
    6. at end of slow ramping, the dimmer looks to "fuzz out"- just the chip resetting itself, it will come online in 20-30 seconds

You can do this sequence while in activation mode.

I've defaulted every single device in RadioRA2 many times. This sequence works every time. In case it doesn't, the dimmer or switch is defective.

Again, you probably are not tapping anywhere near as fast as you need to, literally go as fast as you can for 4-5 taps.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

5. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Thanks Mike. I am only having an issue now with the 10 button tabletop keypad. All the dimmers and switches went fine, the vcrx was giving a fit but got it this morning. Now down to the 10 button.

As soon as I press any button all the lights begin to blink and that’s as far as I can go. Tried the 4-5 with hold on last press and nothing. Tried all buttons.

All the lights blinking like that usually means it hasn't been activated. I'd give it a try with the software. Make sure you have the right number of buttons selected in the design tab. Might make a difference.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

8. Likes dvpvic liked this post