Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Temperature event not executing

Temperature event not executing

I am stumped and a newbie. I bought a home with a RadioRA 2 system in it. For a while all was well but at some point something happened (or I did something) and a temperature event stopped executing. I took the online course and have the 11.6.0 version of the Essentials software. That is the version of the project file that came with the system. I have hesitated to update to 12.0.1 until I can sort out my problems. I could not get 12.0.1 to extract the project file so had to use 11.6.0.

Currently the Weekdays and Weekends have the same two events. Sleep at 61F starting at 10:00 PM and Wake at 68F starting at 6:00 AM. The Away and Home events are not enabled. The 10:00 PM Sleep event executes consistently. The 6:00 PM Wake event does not execute (it is enabled). If I use the Home Control + app on the iPad app a little after 6:00 AM and change the Wake event time to 6:01 AM, the set point will change to 68F. This morning a simply disabled the 6:00 am event and then reenabled it and the set point changed to 68F. The heater does come on during the night.

To add to the relative strangeness, I previously had the events arranged as Wake at 68F at 6:00 AM but with Home at 61F at 10:00 PM. Away and Sleep were disabled. The behavior was just like I described above. But here is a weird part. On a lark I set Sleep to 67F at 5:45 AM. When I did this the system ignored the 5:45 AM event but NOW executed the 6:00 AM event. While this seemed to solve my problem, I don’t think a sacrificial event should be required.

I have power cycled the HVAC controller and the main repeater (no auxiliary repeaters present). I even reinstalled the firmware even though it wasn’t an update. The thermostat is a seeTemp wall unit. There are two wireless temperature sensors in addition to the wired sensor in the return air duct.

Three questions. Does a RadioRA 2 system require the Home Control + app in order to operate? Could the app or iPad itself be the problem? Do you have any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks,
    Ian

The app is not required. You are describing a clock issue. I don't see how the app could be the problem.

Have you tried uploading the program again? It could be a hiccup in the program. Uploading will reset everything.

BTW, the seeTemp device is not a temp sensor. It is strictly an input device.
    Last edited by randyc; 01-16-2018 at 11:22 PM. Reason: 2 posts are better than 1!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

randyc, thanks for the input. I have uploaded the program several times. I did make some changes that involved deleting devices that were no longer present (previous owner took those with him). Since I am not making a living off of Lutron, I have the time try a few more things before seeking Lutron support help. (seeTemp functionality is noted.)