Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Automating pool cover

Automating pool cover

Hello,

I have a automatic pool safety cover that is driven by an electric motor, currently operated by a key turn momentary switch (i.e only moves when held on). It has two directions, forward and backward, there is a limiter attached to stop the cover at either end.

I would like to rewire this to work with a lutron system of some sort, ideally to mount pico remotes. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

The key switch contains two of these generic GE contacts: https://www.alliedelec.com/ge-indust...10vn/70576268/ ... probably and normally open and a normally closed.

I am aware of the building codes regarding these covers and intend to adhere to them, wireless are completely legal if mounted in view of the pool, so please don't bother replying on that topic.

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this. You won't be able to add this into any kind of system (for safety/code reasons as you mentioned), so why do it?

It's also my understanding that the code dictates a dead-man switch, so you have to hold down the switch to move the cover (no one-touch).

I don't think there is a Pico solution that will satisfy the second condition.

So why do it? If the keyswitch is in a bad place then I would recommend just moving it- should just be some low-voltage wire.

I'm not seeing any good reason to bother.

Evan Kirkhart- The post above yours is just a SPAM advertisement. Several, similar to this one, have popped up recently in the Lutron forums.