Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Elk M1 Security Alarm integration with RR2

Elk M1 Security Alarm integration with RR2

Does anyone have experience integrating the RR2 system with Elk M1 Gold? I have a M1XSLU that is connected via the RS232 to the main Rep. Followed close instructions from elk on setting the full on/flash in event of alarm state but things aren't working out. There are two phantom buttons on the main Rep. (98,99) for these two events are these the ones that the Elk uses? Called tech support at lutron they said those are only for Vista panels. Don't feel like running 20/4 wire to the VCRX and using the wire method. Elk webinar video shows it done through software programming on the Elk Rp.

You still need to program the phantom buttons in the software for the devices. You need to pick which are full and which are flash. Also, check with Elk to see what the telnet command they are sending. You might have to generate that actual "code".
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Got this one figured out. Mapped the security buttons/inputs on the VCRX to be triggered by the ELK M1 system following directions from page 12 of the M1XSLU manual. No wire running was required. There are special dim/fade levels that are set in Elk RP software to achieve triggering those states in an alarm state. Instead of selecting the Visor unit I was selecting the main repeater.

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    Got this one figured out. Mapped the security buttons/inputs on the VCRX to be triggered by the ELK M1 system following directions from page 12 of the M1XSLU manual. No wire running was required. There are special dim/fade levels that are set in Elk RP software to achieve triggering those states in an alarm state. Instead of selecting the Visor unit I was selecting the main repeater.
    how do you like the ra2 elk integration? are you using the elk as your main logic controller, or are you further integrating it with another HA controller such as homeseer?

Quote Originally Posted by jon102034050 View Post
    how do you like the ra2 elk integration? are you using the elk as your main logic controller, or are you further integrating it with another HA controller such as homeseer?
    I like it so far, Elk and radiora 2 give me enough options and somewhat of a programmable logic to accomplish everything I need so far. Not sure if I will get a homeseer setup as I heard it needs to run on a PC at all times with various RS232 interfaces etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    I like it so far, Elk and radiora 2 give me enough options and somewhat of a programmable logic to accomplish everything I need so far. Not sure if I will get a homeseer setup as I heard it needs to run on a PC at all times with various RS232 interfaces etc.
    Nice! I'm just testing out RadioRa2 at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to swap zwave for it.... It's so much faster and more reliable. Regarding Homeseer - there are no RS232 interfaces required, it talks with the repeater over IP, setup was dead simple using the plugin.

7. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post