Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2 nearly identical circuits operate differently with LED - HWD-10ND & HQD-RD

2 nearly identical circuits operate differently with LED - HWD-10ND & HQD-RD

I recently upgraded bulbs from Incandescent to LED. I have 2 nearly identical circuits. One has a HWD-10ND dimmer, a HQD-RD remote dimmer and 2 LED can lights (3- way arrangement). It all works perfectly.
    The other circuit has a HWD-10ND dimmer and 2 HQD-RD remote dimmers with 4 LED can lights (4-way arrangement). I can turn on and turn off (fully off) the 4 lights at the main dimmer as well as with other Homeworks multi-button control switches throughout the house. But at the remote dimmers I can only Turn the lights on. I can not turn them off or dim them any amount, yet if I go back to the main dimmer or other control switches, I can turn them off (completely).
    I don't understand what could be different. I have even tried moving switches from circuit to circuit. Any one have any ideas. Thank You.

Neutral devices (like HWD-10ND) must be installed at the end of the circuit where the wire goes up to the light (switch leg).

It also sounds like you are having a communication issue. Power should come in on the black screw and go out to the next device/load on the brass screw. I find the red wire is easier to trace so I use it for communication (blue screw).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank You - Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Neutral devices (like HWD-10ND) must be installed at the end of the circuit where the wire goes up to the light (switch leg).

It also sounds like you are having a communication issue. Power should come in on the black screw and go out to the next device/load on the brass screw. I find the red wire is easier to trace so I use it for communication (blue screw).
    randyc: After a bit of rework. I needed to get a Crestnet communication wire to the correct switch box. Then once I re-configured the location of the switches everything works great - Thanks again. You saved me a lot of time and expense.