Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Occupancy disable in timeclock mode

Occupancy disable in timeclock mode

Does anyone know if the occupancy sensor is disabled automatically when I setup a timeclock event to turn a load on, meaning after timeclock triggers the event will the occ turn off the load after preset timeout? The occ sensor is tied to that device/load. I selected the disable check box in the timeclock mode and it seems to have disabled the sensor entirely, it doesnt work since last transfer.

Also I have a scene that is triggered and presets lighting loads to certain %, one of these loads has a occupancy sensor tied to it, once you step into its field of view it pumps the lighting to occ percentage that is programmed and not that of the scene that has been triggered. Any work around on this one? In this example the lights go on 100% on occupancy, and the scene is set to turn that load to 50% when entering home in evening/arriving. a

Do you have a timed event to re-enable the motion sensor?

The motion sensor has a local feature called "low light." The sensor will only turn the lights on if there is not sufficient ambient light in the room. Depending on your application, you may have to increase the scene % to meet the minim level required by the sensor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are out of luck on both of those without using 3rd party automation.

The occupancy sensors, unfortunately are not too smart. All they can do is send an occupied notice to the main repeater, which can be assign to do something, like trigger a scene or turn on a light. After the period of inactivity has passed, it can then send another command.

In your first scenario, if a timeclock turns on a load in a space that is currently unoccupied, the sensor will never send another unoccupied command (since it has no idea what the time clock has been up to with regards to loads). However, if a timeclock turns on a load that is considered occupied, or if it eventually goes occupied, the sensor will then eventually send the unoccupied command. In other words, the time clock event doesn't force the sensor to go "occupied" so it may never have a reason to go "unoccupied". You might want to check into roll-back though.

In your second scenario, the sensor is only going to do what it was programmed to do for occupied and unoccupied. There isn't any conditional logic or awareness of the current scene which is what you are describing, without using 3rd party automation.

5. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post