Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Plug In Dimmer working with iOS but not Pico

Plug In Dimmer working with iOS but not Pico

This is a new one for me. I’ve had my whole house on Caseta for a year and never a problem. But came across one today.

Installed plug in in dimmer and its working great from the app. Like several other plug in dimmers, I added this one to a pico remote - no problem. However, when I use the remote, the plug in dimmer is unresponsive. But what’s weird, like the title of the thread says, the plug in dimmer works fine when turning on/off from the iOS app.

I tried resetting the dimmer (twice) but same problem persists.
    I also tried using a different pico but same problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    After you added the plug-in dimmer to the app, did you add the Pico remote to the app as well? Sometimes when you add a dimmer to the app, it doesn't automatically bring the Pico with it into the app, and you have to add the Pico into the app (Settings > Add Device > Pico Remote).

If the Pico is added to the app, tap on the Pico icon > tap Edit Device > tap Lights, Shades, & Audio, and make sure the plug-in dimmer is checked. If it's not checked, check it, go back and Save.

Thanks for the quick reply. The Pico remote was already added to the app. And just for additional trouble shooting, I tried using a different (already added) pico remote - but no luck.

So I can control the dimmer with the app. But can't seem to get any pico's to control that dimmer.

real quick- check the programmed on level is something above zero, or the lowest threshold of the plug in. Common mistake from RA2 programming and default levels the software remembers. I don't really do Caseta much so it's a possibility.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

5. Likes bdrec64 liked this post
    No luck but your post gave me another idea to test.

So strange... when I use the app, no problem turning on and off. When I use the pico, the lamp won't turn on or off but it changes from "on" to "off" (and vice versa) on the app.

In other words, I touch "on" on the plug in dimmer. Then touch "off" on the pico. The light stay on, but the app switches to "off".

7. Likes bdrec64 liked this post
    Did you ever get this to work?

I have 3 plug-in dimmers.

1 works fine with both the pico and the app. The other 2 will only work with either the app or the pico but not both.

I am having a similar issue but it is intermittent which makes it harder to track down. My issue is the opposite when I use the pico remote or the actually dimmer switch it works fine. However, when I use wink hub 2 or alexa to turn the switch off or on 30% of the time it doesn't work but if I have the app open the state of the switch changes in the app. (ie alexa shows it off, i say alex turn light on, alexa app then shows light on but the physical light doesn't turn on)

NOTE: I have tried unpairng, factory reset, re-pairing multiple times. Even done a zwave refresh a few times in wink hub, nothing seems to fix.

Solution?

I have lost control of all my pico remotes with no luck reseting to factory. The app does not recognize the remotes when trying to pair. I deleted all in the app thinking I could start over. Anyone have a solution? Do I start completely over?