Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Undocumented actions

Undocumented actions

I've just started analyzing the integration protocol through telnet, and have started by simply observing the responses from the system to various key presses.

As a simple test, I have a switch (ID=8), connected to a light, and have programmed phantom button 1 of the main repeater (ID=1) to toggle the switch.

When I press the phantom button through the telnet interface I see the expected switch/led actions announced, but I also see two undocumented actions, 29 and 30. Here's the full transcript:

GNET> #DEVICE,1,1,3 <--- Push phantom button 1
    ~DEVICE,1,1,3 <--- Response, button 1 is pushed
    ~DEVICE,1,101,9,0 <--- Response, led 1 is unlit
    ~OUTPUT,8,1,0.00 <--- Response, Switch 8 is OFF
    ~OUTPUT,8,29,8 <--- Response, Switch 8 ????
    ~OUTPUT,8,30,1,0.00 <--- Response, Switch 8 ????

I see similar responses for the unpress action.

Can someone please explain what the last two responses are indicating ? Actions 29 and 30 do not appear in the integration guide.

Thanks,

Jon

I asked the same question and this is the answer that I received from SystemSupport 8/11/17.

The commands of 29 and 30 are just component IDs that are for future programing releases.

They can be seen through the system, but does not affect anything,

Quote Originally Posted by jbloomfi View Post
    I've just started analyzing the integration protocol through telnet, and have started by simply observing the responses from the system to various key presses.

As a simple test, I have a switch (ID=8), connected to a light, and have programmed phantom button 1 of the main repeater (ID=1) to toggle the switch.

When I press the phantom button through the telnet interface I see the expected switch/led actions announced, but I also see two undocumented actions, 29 and 30. Here's the full transcript:

GNET> #DEVICE,1,1,3 <--- Push phantom button 1
    ~DEVICE,1,1,3 <--- Response, button 1 is pushed
    ~DEVICE,1,101,9,0 <--- Response, led 1 is unlit
    ~OUTPUT,8,1,0.00 <--- Response, Switch 8 is OFF
    ~OUTPUT,8,29,8 <--- Response, Switch 8 ????
    ~OUTPUT,8,30,1,0.00 <--- Response, Switch 8 ????

I see similar responses for the unpress action.

Can someone please explain what the last two responses are indicating ? Actions 29 and 30 do not appear in the integration guide.

Thanks,

Jon