Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Disappointed- Connected Bulb remotes Discontinued

Disappointed- Connected Bulb remotes Discontinued

I have bought a bunch of these and still needed about 4 of them. After not being able to find them, I emailed you guys only to find out they have been discontinued.

This really sucks because I was building out my system using these and hue bulbs... and after spending all this money, I am cut off when I am only a few away from completing my system.

These were great switches and I know several people who have started using them... so I’m not sure why you guys discontinued them, but Lutron just went from my favorite switch manufacturer to one of my least favorites.

I hope you guys have something being announced very soon to replace this or I am going to have to take my business elsewhere.

I recommend that you guys start listening to your customers and giving them what they want... like Caseta fan controllers, and Pico support for HomeKit and other platforms... lighting control is changing fast, and with all the new companies poping up, if you don’t keep up and give people what they want... somone else will.

:( :( :(

2. Likes vipergts2207 liked this post
    Ugh.
    Me too. I just got into home automation in November after I felt the market had matured enough. I bought 5 of these remotes to control Hue bulbs since Philips really dropped the ball with their Dimmer switch (that doesn't even fit in switch plates).
    I went online today to get 15 more of the connected bulb remotes to finish out my house and I find out that lutron is killing these off? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
    I have bought a bunch of these and still needed about 4 of them. After not being able to find them, I emailed you guys only to find out they have been discontinued.

This really sucks because I was building out my system using these and hue bulbs... and after spending all this money, I am cut off when I am only a few away from completing my system.

These were great switches and I know several people who have started using them... so I’m not sure why you guys discontinued them, but Lutron just went from my favorite switch manufacturer to one of my least favorites.

I hope you guys have something being announced very soon to replace this or I am going to have to take my business elsewhere.

I recommend that you guys start listening to your customers and giving them what they want... like Caseta fan controllers, and Pico support for HomeKit and other platforms... lighting control is changing fast, and with all the new companies poping up, if you don’t keep up and give people what they want... somone else will.

:( :( :(

4. Likes vipergts2207 liked this post
    Count me among those disappointed as well. This was the only product on the market (that I'm aware of) that would both control Hue bulbs and fit inside a standard decora style plate, which is a must for multi-gang boxes. Philips makes great bulbs, but unfortunately can't design their way out of a wet paper bag when it comes to switches. A notification from Lutron regarding a coming discontinuation of this product would have been welcomed by many people. Fortunately I've got enough to go where they're replacing switches in gang boxes, however I was going to stick some on walls behind table lamps and am now two remotes short.

These were awesome! Really wish these were still available.