Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Disabling Occupancy Sensor with Essentials

Disabling Occupancy Sensor with Essentials

Hi,

I'm trying to set a lrf2-ocr2b-p-wh occupancy sensor to be disabled in a bedroom closet with a timeclock event in Essentials 10.6. The sensor is set to be disabled at 9:00pm, but it keeps operating after that time. The timeclock event is set for all modes, all days. Nothing I do seems to be able to disable it. The sensor is paired with a MRF2-6AND switch (which is not added into Essentials).

The sensor activated fine, and all transfers completed properly without a hitch. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

The Essentials/Inclusive software only handles the occupancy sensor as it pertains to RadioRA2 devices. The MRF2 device does not operate with the main repeater. See below for how signals are processed via RadioRA2 from the sensor.

Sensor input --> Main Repeater receives --> programming installed via laptop --> Main Repeater transmits --> dimmers and/or switches repsonds accordingly

For Maestro Wireless models with the MRF2 part number:

Sensor Input --> dimmer/switch receives --> onboard processor interprets signal and initiates appropriate action

In both cases, the sensor never stops sending it's "occupied" or "unoccupied" signals. In the case of the MRF2 device, the main repeater cannot change the behavior as the signal does not get processed by the main, only the switch/dimmer. If you need this to happen, swap the MRF2 for a compatible RadioRA2 device.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Likes dflateau liked this post
    Ah, I think I see.

Let me know if this is right.

My LRF2 signals the Repeater when it senses occupancy, then the Repeater communicates with the switch that's associated with the LRF2 load and switches the lights on. I had assumed since my LRF2 was "paired" with the MRF2, that the LRF2 itself was telling the switch to turn the lights on, hence my idea that the MRF2 switch would work in this way with the LRF2 and its programming. Gotcha.

Is that right? Thanks again for the response!

You are correct. I am still confused on the part number for the switch/dimmer. Is it an MRF2 or an RRD?

Thanks Mike.

My occupancy sensor is lrf2-ocr2b-p-wh (added into RA2 Essentials and attempted to be programmed in there) and the switch the sensor is paired with is an MRF2-6AND (not in Essentials - there was no option for it, and I'm assuming that's because it does not communicate with RA2).

I would replace the MRF2 with the equivalent model from RadioRA2 and you will get the functionality you are looking for in the dimmer and sensor. You would need to add to the system and then program the sensor to that specific dimmer or switch. The timeclock function on the sensor would then operate the way you wanted.

8. Likes dflateau liked this post