Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to download existing RadioRA2 project from Main Repeater?

How to download existing RadioRA2 project from Main Repeater?

I am taking over the management of a system from previous installer. Is there a easy way to download the existing project from the main repeater?

Thanks

Tools, extract.

I believe the file on the processor must be 6.0 or later. I think you have to be connected to the Internet but would not swear to it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Does anyone know if extraction can be done with Essentials, or is Inclusive required? Another post implied that Inclusive was necessary for extraction. I am working on the online course to get Essentials, so that's why I don't know the answer myself. It would be a bummer though. I understand that a firmware update wipes out all programming.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ihleslie View Post
    Does anyone know if extraction can be done with Essentials, or is Inclusive required? Another post implied that Inclusive was necessary for extraction. I am working on the online course to get Essentials, so that's why I don't know the answer myself. It would be a bummer though. I understand that a firmware update wipes out all programming.

Ian
    Inclusive is required, it is under the "tools" menu, an Internet connection is typically required since the software will check which conversion tool will be required and pull that from Lutron on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene View Post
    Inclusive is required, it is under the "tools" menu, an Internet connection is typically required since the software will check which conversion tool will be required and pull that from Lutron on the fly.
    Extraction was added to Essentials starting in the 11's, I believe. If your firmware matches your software version, extraction should go off without a hitch. That being said, extraction was always the most difficult part. Make sure you do have a live internet connection as well as hardwire to the repeater (via the network or direct). Extraction where the firmware and software does not match will use Lutron's cloud server and take a bit of time.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Extraction was added to Essentials starting in the 11's, I believe. If your firmware matches your software version, extraction should go off without a hitch. That being said, extraction was always the most difficult part. Make sure you do have a live internet connection as well as hardwire to the repeater (via the network or direct). Extraction where the firmware and software does not match will use Lutron's cloud server and take a bit of time.

I'm glad it was added to Essentials, I thought it was a silly limitation to not provide that utility in the Essentials software. Recently I took over a system that was running 11.6 (or some odd version number) I had 11.5 and 12.0, the support site removed the intermediate versions that the previous installer used and there was no Internet access at the site. I ended up removing the repeaters and doing the extraction and firmware upgrades at my office.