Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Issues communicating and publishing to quantum processor

Issues communicating and publishing to quantum processor

We have a majority of our lighting system managed by a single Quantum processor qp3-1pl-100-240 running firmware 2.3.605 and administered with a computer running Q-admin/Q-Design. This system was set up by Lutron techs but has not been modified in the last 2 years.

When using Q-Admin, basic lighting controls, on/off, dimming, etc all work fine. However, recently we changed a timeclock entry but the pending changes failed to publish to the processor, stating "The timeclock changes you made have been saved to the PC, but could not be published to the processor...".

If I instead manually go to the Administration->Publish tab, and attempt to publish the updated project database (*.LUT), the following error occurs "one or more processors are not responding on this system. Before you can transfer, all processors in the system need to be able to respond". The processor is listed with an error icon next to it.

After some research, I discovered that I could telnet to the processor and connect without any problems and issue commands. It appears perfectly operational, but Q-Admin still cannot communicate with it.

I then tried shutting down the services (Q-Runtime, Q-Reporting, Q-Alerts), and opened Q-Designer in online mode. Interestingly, Q-designer had no problem identifying the processor, so I simply backed-up the project database (*.LUT) with Q-Admin, then used the File->Transfer in Q-Designer. This appears to have worked and my timeclock changes are on the processor.

Why would Q-Admin specifically be unable to connect and identify the processor, yet Q-Designer can? The work-around above is somewhat convoluted. In the future, we need less tech savvy people to be able to make changes via Q-admin seamlessly.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryhops View Post
    We have a majority of our lighting system managed by a single Quantum processor qp3-1pl-100-240 running firmware 2.3.605 and administered with a computer running Q-admin/Q-Design. This system was set up by Lutron techs but has not been modified in the last 2 years.

When using Q-Admin, basic lighting controls, on/off, dimming, etc all work fine. However, recently we changed a timeclock entry but the pending changes failed to publish to the processor, stating "The timeclock changes you made have been saved to the PC, but could not be published to the processor...".

If I instead manually go to the Administration->Publish tab, and attempt to publish the updated project database (*.LUT), the following error occurs "one or more processors are not responding on this system. Before you can transfer, all processors in the system need to be able to respond". The processor is listed with an error icon next to it.

After some research, I discovered that I could telnet to the processor and connect without any problems and issue commands. It appears perfectly operational, but Q-Admin still cannot communicate with it.

I then tried shutting down the services (Q-Runtime, Q-Reporting, Q-Alerts), and opened Q-Designer in online mode. Interestingly, Q-designer had no problem identifying the processor, so I simply backed-up the project database (*.LUT) with Q-Admin, then used the File->Transfer in Q-Designer. This appears to have worked and my timeclock changes are on the processor.

Why would Q-Admin specifically be unable to connect and identify the processor, yet Q-Designer can? The work-around above is somewhat convoluted. In the future, we need less tech savvy people to be able to make changes via Q-admin seamlessly.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
    Dryhops,
    This is almost always caused by a port that is being blocked. I am not sure if any updates got pushed to this server that could have blocked ports that were not previously blocked. A quick test is to disable the firewalls and see you the pending changes goes away and you also get a green check mark on all your processors. If you do, that shows that ports are being blocked. If you need the firewalls to remain on, maybe because its on your corporate network, you might need to go into the advanced settings in your firewall setting and open the specified ports in this document. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...rary/qs-eo.pdf

Hello! If you have your own restaurant and you need to purchase kitchen equipment, or you want to update the existing ones, then I would like to recommend you the company https://mcdonaldpaper.com/cookware . They have a wide range of kitchen utensils, such as various frying pans, pots, baking dishes and much more. Start setting your table in a new way today!