Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a bulb!

Help me find a bulb!

So I just purchased several LUTRON PD-6WCL-WH Caseta Wireless In-Wall Smart Dimmer Switch and would like to use them exclusively throughout my house. The trouble is, I can't seem to find a bulb that works well with it. I would like several options, from 2,000k up to 6,000k. I am looking for A19's mostly, but BR30/40 or retro fit downlights are also needed. I will have between 2-6 bulbs on any given switch.

I know I will be referred to the LED selector site that lutron offers, but the issue with that is I am not able to find the exact model number bulbs listed as the "best dimming bulbs" when I search online. If anyone has examples of ones that work best for them with this particular dimmer please let me know and pass on a link. I would prefer something that will dim ultra low, like 5%. But at this point, I would be happy with something that would at least turn off or not turn into a strobe light like my current bulbs.
    Thanks,

Lutron.com\led
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Lutron.com\led
    I know, but like I said, all the bulbs listed as best dimming do not seem to be available. I copy/paste the model number but can't come up with anything.

For our full house remodel I used PD-5NE-XX throughout the house.
    I tested these with many, bulbs (about 20 of them)
    I wanted to make sure I could use some "retro" LED "filament" types as well, since some of our fixtures would look better with some retro style bulbs.
    The best bulbs I found are all from Bulbrite.
    https://products.bulbrite.com/
    Dimabiliity has been great, I purchased about 50 bulbs from them and every single one has worked flawlessly.
    Good luck

For our full house remodel I used PD-5NE-XX throughout the house.
    I tested these with many, bulbs (about 20 of them)
    I wanted to make sure I could use some "retro" LED "filament" types as well, since some of our fixtures would look better with some retro style bulbs.
    The best bulbs I found are all from Bulbrite.
    https://products.bulbrite.com/
    Dimabiliity has been great, I purchased about 50 bulbs from them and every single one has worked flawlessly.
    Good luck

Philips leds I have had the best luck with. almost all of them work, even if not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    For our full house remodel I used PD-5NE-XX throughout the house. I tested these with many, bulbs (about 20 of them)I wanted to make sure I could use some "retro" LED "filament" types as well, since some of our fixtures would look better with some retro style bulbs. The best bulbs I found are all from Bulbrite. https://products.bulbrite.com/Dimabiliity has been great, I purchased about 50 bulbs from them and every single one has worked flawlessly. Good luck
    I am looking to get a few Lutron dimmer switches for lights that don’t appear on the compatible list including some bulbrite bulbs. You mentioned you have had success with filament bulbrite bulbs. Do you think the ones below would work?Bulbrite Dimmable LED7A19/30k/FilaBulbrite LD4CA10/27k/FIL/E12/2SATCA S9405 7PAR20/LEDAny help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by mc0898 View Post
    I am looking to get a few Lutron dimmer switches for lights that don’t appear on the compatible list including some bulbrite bulbs. You mentioned you have had success with filament bulbrite bulbs. Do you think the ones below would work?Bulbrite Dimmable LED7A19/30k/FilaBulbrite LD4CA10/27k/FIL/E12/2SATCA S9405 7PAR20/LEDAny help would be appreciated!
    If the bulbs haven't been tested by Lutron you can check the bulb manufacturer site. If the manufacturer doesn't say you will have to do your own testing.

You will need to know how the bulbs want to be dimmed. Forward phase (sometimes called incandescent or leading edge) is the most common. Reverse phase (sometimes called electronic low voltage or trailing edge) is the next most common. The PD-5NE will do either but you have to manually program it for the correct phase.

I would avoid anything other control method like 0-10 volt, DALI, EcoSys, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    For our full house remodel I used PD-5NE-XX throughout the house. I tested these with many, bulbs (about 20 of them)I wanted to make sure I could use some "retro" LED "filament" types as well, since some of our fixtures would look better with some retro style bulbs. The best bulbs I found are all from Bulbrite. https://products.bulbrite.com/Dimabiliity has been great, I purchased about 50 bulbs from them and every single one has worked flawlessly. Good luck
    Thank you for the link... Like others, I have been having trouble locating the bulbs that Lutron says will work or works best with their products! This place looks like they have a huge selection. Will be trying out a few as soon as my switches arrive!!!Thanks again.

Ecosmart bulbs at Home Depot!

The ecosmart bulbs at Home Depot work great with the Lutron dimmers and are quite inexpensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast