Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Interactive database extraction issue

Interactive database extraction issue

Hi there,

I'm trying to extract a data base from an interactive processor using a direct connection but about 2/3 of the way through it stops and I get the following rotating display in the diagnostic display d/01/05/32/99?
    I've tried different baud rates as advised and even disconnected all links including the MI.
    I've also tried using the utility extraction software but still without success!! Any ideas?

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    It is possible the copy of the project file stored in the processor may be too corrupted for extraction.

The project file you extracted from the HomeWorks Illumination processor is a zipped copy of the file. This is not the same file that the processor uses to run the system. The file the system uses to run the system is stored in a different section of memory than this zipped file. It was the zipped file that is stored on the processor that what was corrupted. This is why the system is still fully functional. Unfortunately, there is not a way for us to know what caused this zipped file to be corrupted. This file could have been corrupted before it was loaded into the processor. The processor could have had a surge that damaged a section of memory where this zipped file was stores. Or it could have been any number of other causes.

We would recommend restoring a backup copy, if one is available. If a back up copy of this file is not able to be obtained, the file will need to be re-written. Since the system is still fully functional you can connect to the processor and enable monitoring. With button and device level monitoring enabled when a button is pressed you will be able to see the address of the keypad as well as the address of the lights that responded, and the levels the lights went to. This can help in determine how the system is currently programmed.