Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro Fan/Light Control with fan, won't go above slow speed

Maestro Fan/Light Control with fan, won't go above slow speed

I have a Maestro Fan/Light Control CM-L300FQ1 Module with MA-LFQ Switch.

It is connected to a Hampton Bay SideWinder Fan. AC-552A(SKU#312-342)

The Sidewinder fan originally comes with a 3 speed fan control remote, and module for the remote.

The previous homeowner removed the factory module to put in place the module for the Maestro.

The Fan/Light control do turn on and off the fan and light, they do increase and decrease the light amount and the fan speed, but the best way to describe is like I basically have 7 different settings of the lowest setting of the fan speed. From barely moving at all, to maxing out at low speed.

Is there a way for me to correct this, and have the control possibly cover low, medium and high, or even 7 different settings of the high speed on the fan?

Thanks,
    Mike

Just as a follow up. I hardwired the fan, tried a new switch, but the fan speed would not increase. I finally took the fan down and replaced the capacitor unit, and that solved the problem.

Hey I have 2 Edison 3 speed fans controlled by 2 MAQL-LQF WALL SWITCHES. I have extremely slow speeds 1-3 using rocker but 4 is a proper high speed. I set the pull chain to high and set rotation before install and I was using Lutron skylark fan control/ dimmer wall switch and it hit all 3 speeds correctly. I am thinking I have a capacitor interfering. I have the same problem on both fans , but one fan seems to run a bit faster . Where is the capacitor usually wired in at? Do you just remove it from the circuit or does it need replaced?

Hampton Bay 312-342 buzzing in medium and high.

Quote Originally Posted by garrity455 View Post
    Just as a follow up. I hardwired the fan, tried a new switch, but the fan speed would not increase. I finally took the fan down and replaced the capacitor unit, and that solved the problem.
    My 312-342 buzzes on med and low. Completely silent.
    on med/high, the buzzing starts before the blades start to spin. Similarly, the buzzing stops immediately when turned off, before the blades slow down.
    this leads me to believe it’s the controller/motor.

The fan has a black plastic controller unit in the fan mounting room that communicates with a handheld remote.
    I do not have any other dimmers or speed controllers wired to the fan.

The capacitor you replaced. Is it in the black plastic controller, or up in the fan somewhere?
    Do I need to disassemble the fan and take it down to replace capacitor, or can I do it from the accessible mounting bracket at the top?

do you know the P/N of the capacitor and where you purchased it?