Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vacation Mode

Vacation Mode

Hello, I was wondering how others are integrating a vacation mode that not only adjusts lights but sets back temperatures, and turns of other appliances for extended absences. I am thinking I can set a vacation scene through alarm.com that then triggers a virtual RadioRa button but then I am unclear how to program that button. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by oramos View Post
    Hello, I was wondering how others are integrating a vacation mode that not only adjusts lights but sets back temperatures, and turns of other appliances for extended absences. I am thinking I can set a vacation scene through alarm.com that then triggers a virtual RadioRa button but then I am unclear how to program that button. Thanks!
    I haven't done this myself yet, but I would use a timeclock mode for this. Leverage the ability to have timeclock events "catchup" when you change timeclock modes (in "Edit Modes" under Programming > Timeclock in latest RA2 software, create a Vacation timeclock mode and set it to "Catchup"). Create timeclock events that only occur in Vacation mode for all the things you want to happen that are single action (adjust lights, switch outlets, etc) all at 12:01 am. As soon as the owner switches to that timeclock mode, all those changes will occur and any other timeclock events you set for Vacation mode will continue to run while the owner is on Vacation.

Because you will likely have a thermostat schedule, you should create a 12:01 am timeclock event that only occurs in Vacation mode that activates a green mode which turns on HVAC Eco Mode with a large trim setting (5-10 degrees). This widens the heat/cool range of your existing thermostat programming schedule and is probably the best way to mostly deactivate the HVAC while the Owner is away (while keeping internal temperatures reasonable). I wouldn't use a single action event to change the thermostat as it will be undone when the next scheduled HVAC setting occurs.

The homeowner can switch to a vacation or away timeclock mode when they leave via a physical keypad or probably better yet, a virtual keypad / homeowner keypad in the lutron connect app.