Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Update app to work with iOS 11?

Update app to work with iOS 11?

The Lutron apps on my iPhone and iPad have stopped working. The message says the apps need to be updated in order to work with iOS 11. How do I get updated apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Maui No Ka Oi View Post
    The Lutron apps on my iPhone and iPad have stopped working. The message says the apps need to be updated in order to work with iOS 11. How do I get updated apps?
    Go to the [App Store] icon on your devices and select the 'updates' button at the bottom, you should see a red dot with a number, that number correlates to the number of apps that have updates available (that are installed on your device). I just checked my phone and noticed there was an update for the Lutron Connect app.

If your devices don't show any updates, you can press and hold the Lutron Connect app icon until it wiggles and you will see an X, touch the X and that will delete the app, you can then download it again from the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene View Post
    Go to the [App Store] icon on your devices and select the 'updates' button at the bottom, you should see a red dot with a number, that number correlates to the number of apps that have updates available (that are installed on your device). I just checked my phone and noticed there was an update for the Lutron Connect app.

If your devices don't show any updates, you can press and hold the Lutron Connect app icon until it wiggles and you will see an X, touch the X and that will delete the app, you can then download it again from the app store.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the Apple app store does not have an update for Lutron nor a new download available. The message I get when I tap the app is "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11."

Quote Originally Posted by Maui No Ka Oi View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the Apple app store does not have an update for Lutron nor a new download available. The message I get when I tap the app is "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11."
    I'm running iOS 11.x and I have the latest Lutron Connect. If the app store icon on your device isn't indicating an update is available, then I would delete the app from your device and then go to the app store one more time and re-download the app. Lutron just published an update for the Lutron Connect app, minor GUI and thermostat fixes.

Don't tap the app icon, if you press and hold it you will see a small (x) in the corner of the icon, tap that and you will be asked if you wish to delete the app. After you delete it, you can download the app again from the app store.

Hello Maui No Ka Oi,
    Thank you for your post.
    Are you using the Lutron Connect app or Home Control +?

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello Maui No Ka Oi,
    Thank you for your post.
    Are you using the Lutron Connect app or Home Control +?
    Hi Blair-
    I use the Home Control + app. Will it work with iOS 11?

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi Blair-
    I use the Home Control + app. Will it work with iOS 11?

I use both the Home+ and Connect app under iOS 11.x with no issues at all.

Hello,
    Please send us any errors or screenshots of the problem to systemsupport@lutron.com. We can get a case started to see if we can resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I've experienced a lot of problems with Lutron Connect not connecting. It's always having a problem. The app is up to date and I'm running an iPhone X with the latest software from Apple & Lutron.

On the other hand, I also have the Lutron Caseta app running on a different site, and it never fails. NEVER, not a single time in probably 2 years.
    Were they based on the same platform? I know the Caseta app and Smart Hub were developed by a 3rd Party for Lutron. I think it's Xively by LogMeIn and built on Heroku Platform. https://www.xively.com/customers/lutron-electronics. And it works 100%!!!

Lutron should try to get the same app & hub running for QS, Caseta, Vive... so we don't have some of it working reliably and others not.