Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Code for Hunter Douglas Silhoutte shades on Homeworks QS via RS232 and R2D7

Code for Hunter Douglas Silhoutte shades on Homeworks QS via RS232 and R2D7

I'm working on a Homeworks system on a Yacht that has Hunter Douglass Silhoutte shades which are controlled through an ESI R2D7.
    The system was originally Illumination until the processor crapped out due to a power spike, we proceeded to convert over to QS and got the shades moving up and down and stop.
    Illumination was using RS232 to communicate with the R2D7 controller and unfortunately I don't have access to the original programming.
    Now the R2D7 connects to the processor via a Digi 1SP using RS232 commands. I'm not very experienced with RS232 coding but I got the basics to work, the part that I'm having
    difficulty with is to get the Silhoutte shades to "rotate" or close the slats for privacy.
    When using switches, a long press of the down button makes the shade go down to its stop and the "slats" open, a long press on the up button sends them up to the stop. To close the "slats" when the shade is down,
    you have to do a short press of the up button and the shade will "rotate" shut in steps, sometimes it takes a couple of short presses to get them fully closed.
    My question is, how can I program this, I figured out the code to close them, open them and stop but how do I accomplish this with what i have, I'm told it was done before on Illumination.
    The way it was originally programmed, they used 1 button to send the shades down and double press to send it back up. There is another button to stop the shade.
    I have done this before using QSE-IOs and I had to play with the timing a bit to get it to work.
    Any help on this will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Kris

Hello KSchweser,
    Thank you for your post.
    You should be able to construct a command set in the HWQS software to send from Homeworks to the shades. If you already have a command set constructed for action the shade can perform and just need help on how to program it, then send us an email to hwsupport@lutron.com with your project file attached. Be sure to provide a detailed description of how you want the button to behave on the button presses.

I did construct the command set for the shades to go down and up, the problem is trying to figure out the command set to make the shades “close” the slats. Once the the shades are down the slats are “open”, to close the slats, you have to briefly make them go up, if held more then a second or 2 they go up all the way.
    I just don’t know how to construct the command to do that.

Ah ok. I would recommend you contact Hunter Douglas for assistance or perhaps another community member can assist with your application.