Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: One CTCL-153PDH will not dim LED lights

One CTCL-153PDH will not dim LED lights

I bought two CTCL-153pdh dimmers - using same LED bulbs in two different locations.
    One of these SKYLARK Contour C-L dimmers works just fine. The second dimmer does
    NOT dim the lights. Using the SAME LED bulbs in the two locations. Only differences I
    see in the location that will not work is 1) outlet has two switches (gang ?) and the switch
    I replaced with a dimmer was not using a ground wire.

Do I have a faulty CTCL-153pdh dimmer ? Thanks for any suggestions !

Dave,
    Reno, NV

Dimming Range Adjustment

Yes, I did try adjusting the "dimming range" but this did not work at all...

Quote Originally Posted by dmypub View Post
    I bought two CTCL-153pdh dimmers - using same LED bulbs in two different locations.
    One of these SKYLARK Contour C-L dimmers works just fine. The second dimmer does
    NOT dim the lights. Using the SAME LED bulbs in the two locations. Only differences I
    see in the location that will not work is 1) outlet has two switches (gang ?) and the switch
    I replaced with a dimmer was not using a ground wire.

Do I have a faulty CTCL-153pdh dimmer ? Thanks for any suggestions !

Dave,
    Reno, NV

Just to confirm, you are not using the dimmers to control the same group of lights?

It sounds more like a mis-wire. For single switch locations, the red/white is not used. For multi-switch locations the red/white and red should connect to the black and red from the same cable. The black will connect to the power in.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

NOT using the two dimmers to control the same group of lights. One switch upstairs, one downstairs.
    Identical LED bulbs, identical switches. Downstairs works, Upstairs turns on, but will NOT dim.
    Believe I've tried every combination of wiring. Dimming does NOT work. Turning lights on and off
    does work. Double checked both locations to make sure there were two switches - requiring a three
    pole switch solution.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Just to confirm, you are not using the dimmers to control the same group of lights?

It sounds more like a mis-wire. For single switch locations, the red/white is not used. For multi-switch locations the red/white and red should connect to the black and red from the same cable. The black will connect to the power in.

Hello dmypub,

Thank you for your post!

The easiest way to see if the dimmer is not dimming is to swap the dimmer that is not dimming with the one that is. If the dimmer that does not dim begins dimming in the other location then we need to take a look at your set-up.

If you swap them and it follows the same dimmer, please call out technical support line at 1-844-588-7661 open 24/7.

If you swap them and it follows the location of the LEDs then it is either a neutral interaction issue or LED issue. If both locations have the exact same number of LEDs, what happens if you swap the LEDs? Does it follow the LEDs or the location? If it follows the location it could be another device causing the issue. If it is not the same number of LEDs, unfortunately LEDs are fickle creatures and will sometimes work in certain numbers, but not work in other numbers. We have a list of all our compatible LEDs at www.lutron.com/compatibility. This list has LEDs that will all work to the maximum number of LEDs without issue.

Hope this helps!