Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RadioRA2 + RF Dimming Module

RadioRA2 + RF Dimming Module

Hi,

I am having a hard time adding our Lutron RF Dimming Module (#LMJ-5T-DV-B) to the RadioRA2 Main Repeater (#RR-MAIN-REP-WH).
    According to the documentation (http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum..._0-10_Spec.pdf) it's compatible with RadioRA2 but there is no explanation on how to manually add it to the repeater.

Currently the lights in the room are connected to the RF Dimming Module, which is controlled via RF by one Pico Wireless Remote (#PJ-3BRL) located on the wall. I was able to add the Pico to the Main Repeater without any issues, I can also see the actions commands in my Telnet sessions when I physically press the buttons, but when I try to test if everything is working by sending commands, nothing happens (ex: #DEVICE,[ID],2,3 ... #DEVICE,[ID],2,4). This is why I am looking to communicated directly with the RF Dimming Module instead of the Pico, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Not sure if that can even be added to the main and used with push button programming. What are you dimming with it?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Hello Mike,

We are dimming Fluorescent lights, the ballast was not working properly with normal Lutron dimmers, it was flickering etc. so the electrician came up with this solution while preserving the RF capability to control the lights. Which seems not to work for now with the main repeater, habitually when sending a #DEVICE,[ID],2,3 (press command) it's instant? or it must be a combination of press and release commands?

Let's start with the basics, what is the ballast type or model number? Are you sure it's 0-10V? You need to match the type of dimmer to the ballast. There are at least 4-5 dimming protocols for fluorescent.

Yes, found the specification sheet, it' a LED light not Fluorescent, my bad. - https://stanprols.com/wp-content/upl...2x2-2x4-en.pdf
    The model installed in our room is 347V.

ELECTRICAL120-277V or 347V electronic driver with 0-10V dimming is standard.
    Long-life LED's that provide 80+ CRI are available in 3500K, 4000K and
    5000K. Estimated lifespan of over 50,000 hours to L70.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stanpro.png  

347V? Canada? the LMJ-5T-DV-B will only handle 120V or 277V. You'll also need the Inclusive version of the software if you are going to program via laptop. I would guess that the push-button programming will still work, just been about seven years since I had to do any of that.

7. Thanks Blumoopy thanked for this post
    Yes, Canada, but true, the maximum for the module is 277V ..., I will double check directly on the fixture, I took the part number from the building plans, maybe they change the model along the way.

ok, it's 120V, they changed it. Yes I will give another try with the push-button programming. Otherwise will do some research for the Inclusive way of doing it. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L3BRA-4LS1-A35K.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	821.7 KB 
ID:	707

It should behave like any other dimmer. Just make sure the the + goes to the + and the - goes to the -. 0-10V is polarity specific, and won't work if you have it wrong. If you're lucky, everything will be color coded the purple and grey/gray,

Hi Mike, I tried the push-button programming like we use to do with a dimmer, no luck, doesn't work. Maybe they cannot be added manually. I was wondering if I remove the Pico + RF Dimming Module and replace them with a simple Lutron Maestro RF Switch, do you think one of these model #RRD-8S-DV, #RRD-8ANS will work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast