Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hunter Fan and light control

Question Hunter Fan and light control

I have a Caseta system I use with my Google home and Lutron app just to control a few lights. I would like to add my bedroom Hunter fan and light. I can use either incandescent or LED bulbs in it. There is currently only one power wire to the ceiling box but I have access to it and the switch so I could add another if necessary. It is currently controlled with a Hunter remote that has a receiver installed in the canopy. Please recommend the best course of action.

Best course, leave it alone and out of your Caseta System. There will be no Fan Speed control for Caseta. If you need it to be part of your system, use the PD-6ANS-WH neutral wire switch. You can ensure the fan/light is off, no word as to what it will do when the Caseta switch turns on.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

While not a Lutron item, you might take a look at this:

Bond Fan Controller
    Amazon link

Check out the IFTTT section also, they have some pretty cool things going on with Ecobee and the little sensors. i.e. room reaches a certain temperature and the fan kicks on.

I have not used one yet, but I am getting it next. If you have questions contact them, which is how I found about the IFTTT.

P.S. I do not work for them nor do I get anything from this, just someone who has been looking for a solution that would work on my ceiling fans since Lutron doesn't make anything, yet.

4. Likes Sawdust liked this post
    I use the caseta dimmer (Lutron hub)for the fan lights and a GE/Jasco Zwave switch for the fan. Zwave is on SmartThings hub. Alexa or Siri for voice. I had the wiring already so was easy .

- - - Updated - - -

I use the caseta dimmer (Lutron hub)for the fan lights and a GE/Jasco Zwave 3 speed switch for the fan. Zwave is on SmartThings hub. Alexa or Siri for voice. I had the wiring already so was easy .