Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup?

Backup?

Is there a way to backup the smart bridge configuration? It is only a matter of when (not if) the smart bridge decides to die. Is the entire config maintained on Lutron servers or is it only stored locally on the device? Either way, if the Smart Bridge dies is there a way to recover the config so I don't have to go and re-add 50 devices by hand and set up the Pico remotes again?

2. Likes JohnNied liked this post
    Bumping. Any thoughts?

Unless something has changed in the past 6 months, no, there is not! A big feature omission in Caseta.

5. Likes randyc liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, not at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasrawley View Post
    Bumping. Any thoughts?
    If you have the pro bridge you can get the integration report form the app, and send it to yourself via email.
    It is not a back up, since you can't upload it, but at least you have a list of your current setup

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Unfortunately, not at this time.
    Do you know if this is being discussed as a possible item to deploy. Like others, I think it would be super beneficial for your end users to backup and re-install if needed. Especially those systems that are reaching max capacity or those deployments that include a lot of functionality created. What a pain it would be to have to remember what you have done, let alone having to redo it all.

Quote Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
    Do you know if this is being discussed as a possible item to deploy. Like others, I think it would be super beneficial for your end users to backup and re-install if needed. Especially those systems that are reaching max capacity or those deployments that include a lot of functionality created. What a pain it would be to have to remember what you have done, let alone having to redo it all.
    any progress on this?
    lutron rep, you there?
    or at least a way to get a printout of the switches,lights and remotes

Until now, this feature has not been added, fnf perhaps it will cause some inconvenience for users, hope they update this feature soon.

It would be nice to have a BackUp / Download / Restore feature added to Caséta. I have an extensive Caséta system installed in my home, with a lot of Picos and tons of scenes. Coming from a theatrical background, what I have done, is create a Spreadsheet with all of my Rooms, Devices, Picos and buttons.
    First column are my rooms on the far left, next column are the individual devices in each room. Across the top row are the Picos / Keypads by Room (with an individual column for each button on each Pico, 1 - 2, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4) This now provides you with a Visual Grid to enter your levels for each Preset / Button. Off, 1 - 99, On, or left Blank for No Action.

I hope this helps, until Lutron resolves a form of BackUp / Restore for the Caséta Line

Caséta System

1 - Caséta Hub
    19 - Dimmers (mix of PD-6WCL-GBL and PD-5NE-BL)
    5 - Lamp Modules
    2 - Switch
    27 Devices Total

5 - 3 Button Picos (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01)
    1 - 2 Button Pico (PJ2-2B-GWH-L01)
    2 - 4 Button Family Room Pico (PJ2-4B-GWH-P01)
    1 - 4 Button Kitchen Pico (PJ2-4B-GWH-P02)
    3 - 4 Button Any Room Picos (PJ2-4B-GWH-P03)
    4 - 4 Button Custom Engraved Pico (PJ2-4B-TMN-EL2)
    16 Picos Total

43 Total Devices

1 - Single Pedestal
    4 - Double Pedestal
    1 - Triple Pedestal
    Wall Mounted Pico Plates

I'm trying to upload my Spreadsheet. Not sure if this will work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast