Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: series 4 keypad malfunction - what do these lights mean??

Ok cool - so do you reckon there’s a good Janice it’s just a replacement transformer needed? I read above that this is quite common in your experience.

Any idea how much they cost in the states? Not sure how good availability is in the uk, only found one retailer but it’s not someone I’m familiar with.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cool - so do you reckon there’s a good chance it’s just a replacement transformer needed? I read above that this is quite common in your experience.

Any idea how much they cost in the states? Not sure how good availability is in the uk, only found one retailer but it’s not someone I’m familiar with.

double post!

I haven't bought one in a while. I've been collecting them from upgrades, etc. I think Lutron used to have the list price around $100US.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

ok last question until my next attempt at a fix - if I order one here, its most likley I wont be able to return it given the age and difficulty in getting one, so before I do, in your experience do these power supplies tend to weaken with age, and is there anything else that comes to mind that might have caused the fault?

Hello superfly,
    Thank you for your post.
    The top LED lit on the keypads with no functionality indicate they are not getting correct power. Replacing the power supply would be the solution. Just make sure there are no more than 10 keypads on the keypad link. If a 4 series processor you will also need to consider link 8 as well. The plug in power supply on a 4 series processor supplies power to link 6 and 8. So an RF repeater on link 8 would take some of that power as well. A repeater connected to link 8 takes the same amount of power as 1 keypad. The model number of the power supply is a T120-15DC-9-BL. You will need to contact a Homeworks professional to get the power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello superfly,
    Thank you for your post.
    The top LED lit on the keypads with no functionality indicate they are not getting correct power. Replacing the power supply would be the solution. Just make sure there are no more than 10 keypads on the keypad link. If a 4 series processor you will also need to consider link 8 as well. The plug in power supply on a 4 series processor supplies power to link 6 and 8. So an RF repeater on link 8 would take some of that power as well. A repeater connected to link 8 takes the same amount of power as 1 keypad. The model number of the power supply is a T120-15DC-9-BL. You will need to contact a Homeworks professional to get the power supply.
    excellent, thats very helpful. I'll order the power supply today and inform once I get it and replace it! although inmy case it looks like I need a TE240-15DC-9-BL.

since its probably quite obvious im a total novice with Lutron and just out of interest - can you explain or link reference more information on what link 8 is?

just had a look and theres nothing connected to link 8 - my question was more about what link 8 is used for!

Yes you are correct on the model number. My apologies. Link 8 is used for RF devices.
    Here is a link to the tech ref guide. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...67-1029_EA.pdf

Dear all, part received today, installed very simply and everything back to normal. thanks very much indeed for your help and time, I owe you plenty of karma! best wishes for the holiday period!

10. Thanks Blair S., randyc thanked for this post
    Dear all! One unrelated follow up!

I have a couple of table lamps controlled by the Luton control system, plugged into round 5 amp sockets that have worked faultlessly for ten years. A bulb blew today, tripping the fuse in the fuse box, and stalling the Lutron wall switches throughout the apartment.

After resetting the Luton system, replacing the blown fuse in one of the lamps and resetting the fuse, all the switches are back online, and all is back to normal except the two round hole 5 amp sockets. Ive tried the lamps in other round hole sockets, and they work fine.

With the fuse reset, what would stop the sockets from working? Could it have affected the Lutron programming?

Any help much appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast