Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Replace Minka Aire Volterra ceiling fan with Lutron Caseta switches

Replace Minka Aire Volterra ceiling fan with Lutron Caseta switches

Has anyone successfully replaced the remote on a Minka Aire Volterra Ceiling Fan with Lutron Caseta switches?I have been replacing my switches throughout my house with Lutron Caseta switches and my Minka Aire Volterra ceiling fan is next on the list. This fan (https://www.build.com/minkaaire-volt...278?uid=201120) has an upper and lower light and comes with a wireless remote in the wall and there's a wireless receiver unit that sits in the hanger bracket above the fan. These two units work together to control the fan speed, fan lights, and fan direction.I would like to replace the remote with a Lutron Caseta Light Switch / Dimmer (PD-6WCL) to control the lights, and a Lutron Caseta Fan Switch (PD-FSQN) to control the fan speed. I'm not concerned about having the ability to change the fan direction.If anyone has any experience or suggestions on this endeavor, please respond to this post. Thanks. Race P.

Lutron Technical Support
    The PD-FSQN Caseta Fan Controller is rated for use on fans that have a pull chain with no remote built into them. You would most likely have to remove the receiver from the fan in order for this to possibly work. Not all fans operate well when doing this and it will most likely void the warranty of the fan. You may want to contract Minka to see if they have instructions for doing this or if they recommend doing this at all.