Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pico Remote in HomeKit

Pico Remote in HomeKit

Is there no way to get Pico remotes to show up in HomeKit? I was wanting to perform some automations with them.

Lutron Technical Support
    Currently, there isn't any way to have the Pico remote show up in HomeKit.
    The Pico remotes are transmission-only controls and don't have the ability to receive signals (same concept as a TV remote).
    One thing you can do is create scene(s) either in the Caseta app or in the Home app that could replicate the function of the Pico remote.

Indirectly, yes you can. What you would be doing is using the Pico to control another Lutron device (that is HomeKit enabled), then if you have a HomeKit hub (Apple TV or iPad), you can set up a trigger in the Home app. The trigger would be set to kick-off another homeKit enabled device. See this video as an example: https://youtu.be/5mgqbXB9PG8

This is a request that many have been asking for years. And with the latest Homekit update it is technically possible. Philips Hue does it with its 2 physical remotes.

Lutron Caseta is a great product - I own over 25 devices and enjoy the product by itself and its integration with many hubs (Logitech Harmony, Alexa, Homekit, etc.) but in my opinion, not exposing the Pico remotes in HomeKit a big missed opportunities. Semi-power users might start moving away from pico remotes in favor of other physical or vocal remotes/controllers.

I tried the workaround (Pico remote triggering a Caseta plugin dimmer, which then activates a Homekit action), but it is not a long term nor scalable solution.

3 years and still no support for Pico remotes in HomeKit. Pretty disappointing. I have been relying on Philips Hue remotes for the last year and replacing my Pico remotes. They don't look as nice wall mounted but at least I can add extra commands to the buttons using homekit. I can't understand why Lutron doesn't add this support.

Yes it's pretty disappointing this still hasn't happened.

I am looking to buy a system that has scene control in Homekit. I see that the Hue Remote and Tap both have button assignments within the Apple Home app which fits the bill, but the Pico remote with a switch plate adapter to add to my current wall bank is a much better and cleaner solution. Phillips did it via software updates. Can Lutron give us an update as to if this is even being worked on, and if so the time to release... and it better be soon if you want to not lose customers to other brands?

I would love this feature

The Pico remote is one of the best remote switches around. I have some rooms which have a mix of switches (Lutron, Ecobee and VOCOlinc) that can all be controlled via HomeKit. It would be really great if a Pico remote could be made to show up as an input switch in the Apple Home app and then via automation action control any number of HomeKit devices.

pardon my ignorance, new user here just now installing my first round of Caseta switches. Since all picos have to be tied to a main switch, what would the benefit be to having Pico visible on homekit, since those lights are already able to be controlled by the main switch?

Quote Originally Posted by MOD220 View Post
    pardon my ignorance, new user here just now installing my first round of Caseta switches. Since all picos have to be tied to a main switch, what would the benefit be to having Pico visible on homekit, since those lights are already able to be controlled by the main switch?
    Control of non-Lutron HomeKit devices and scenes.

I have a good number of Philips Hue bulbs. If I could just install Picos as my room switches to control those lights, I would.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast