Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pico Remote in HomeKit

Quote Originally Posted by julianm View Post
    Control of non-Lutron HomeKit devices and scenes.

I have a good number of Philips Hue bulbs. If I could just install Picos as my room switches to control those lights, I would.
    Thanks, I did not realize pico remote could work independently of the master switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD220 View Post
    Thanks, I did not realize pico remote could work independently of the master switch.
    Within Lutron’s app, you can program the Pico to control Lutron scenes. Unfortunately that does not extend to HomeKit scenes.

Julianm et al,

There's a thread in here that talks about how you can kind of fake this behavior by proxying the Pico via a paired Lamp Dimmer module. I've written up a full post about it with detailed instructions on how to get it to work. I've been using this in my home since seeing people talk about it in here, and it works well. It's not ideal, but it can hold us over until Lutron adds HomeKit support for the Pico.

https://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/...-with-homekit/

Richard Gunther
    Editor, The Digital Media Zone
    Host, Home: On

CES 2019 news are now. and Lutron introduced a new fan switch (which can be cool) but still no enhanced integration for the Pico remote in Homekit. Very disappointing.... I don't understand this business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by giacino View Post
    CES 2019 news are now. and Lutron introduced a new fan switch (which can be cool) but still no enhanced integration for the Pico remote in Homekit. Very disappointing.... I don't understand this business decision.
    A new switch which might not even work with HomeKit.

Plans to bring Pico to HomeKit?

Could someone from Lutron tell us if there are plans to expose the Pico in HomeKit at some point. The variety of Pico Remotes for both the Caséta and RA2 systems are terrific and this would allow for the switch's functionality to be combined with other accessories from other HomeKit compatible lines. For instance a LUTRON PJ2-4B-TSW-P01 could be used to not only set the lighting for a Lutron scene, but could additionally set the temperature on an Ecobee thermostat, the brightness and color on a Phillips Hue light strip, and activate a Hunter Symphony fan by tying a HomeKit scene to each of the buttons. I know I'm not the only one that hopes this happens. Please let us know!

I gave up on waiting for Lutron and have been using this Homebridge plugin. https://github.com/smockle/homebridge-lutron-casetaUnfortunately the owner of that plugin is, as of June, no longer a Pico Remote user and does not want to continue maintaining it. It really is great to have Pico Remotes control my HomeKit products directly. I ended up purchasing a number of additional remotes and wall-mounting them. I control HomeKit-based fans, Hue lights, and even an August Smart Lock. Lutron is really missing out here. They already have HomeKit support for some aspects of their products, and remotes are a directly-supported feature of HomeKit itself. I don’t get why they’re so resistant to this.

Lutron Technical Support
    We appreciate this request and will bring this to engineering and marketing teams to be considered as a future integration feature for the Pico Remote. Thank you very much for your comments and insight.

Matt H. This "request" was asked for 2 years ago! Only now you are submitting it to "engineering and marketing teams"?

Lutron announced some new devices in CES 2020, but still, the Pico remotes are not accessible within Homekit. We've been asking for this option for years and still nothing. It is technically possible (Philips Hue does it). I cannot understand why Lutron doesn't see its benefits.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast