Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mixing R64 and R100 equalized by IHA?

mixing R64 and R100 equalized by IHA?

Hi- this maybe elementary but I would appreciate feedback. A large project in the late design phase requires many hidden roller shades. Some openings require R100 WIDR rollers, but in the same room a R64 would hide better in the millwork at a smaller window.
    Obviously we'd like to have hembar travel and speed match across these openings- I believe IHA will allow us to match the hembars up across different diameter rollers. Can anyone provide input/feedback? Different size rollers will be separated by more than 12 inches, and will be at 45 degree angles to each other.
    thank you-

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The advanced IHA (Intelligent Hembar Alignment) feature sets the speed of the shade hembar at a steady 3.6" per second, regardless of the tube size, fabric style, or shade height.

This can be selected when the shades are ordered. If needed, a certified Lutron Shading installer can go to the site and fine-tune the adjustment settings.

Standard IHA means that if you order shades that are the same size and fabric, they will match out of the box.
    See the IHA White paper attached to this post.

In your case, you will want the Advanced IHA done at the factory when your shades are made.
    Last edited by Kevin P.; 01-30-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added attachment

3. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim S. View Post
    This can be selected when the shades are ordered. If needed, a certified Lutron Shading installer can go to the site and fine-tune the adjustment settings.

If a Lutron rep is needed what is the reason for having this software available through QS software. Not that I have ever needed or used it I do see it available to me in the QS Software

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    True, the IHA tool is included in the current Homeworks QS and Radio RA2 software packages. Shades in these systems can be adjusted by the programmer, using this software.

If you have a stand-alone shade system and want IHA changes, any Lutron Shade installer has access to the tools to help you.

My first experience with IHA between a R64 and R150 in a group hasn't been perfect.

This is a Ra2 system with Shade buttons programmed as O/S/C/S. They were ordered with IHA from the factory, and the open & close limits are set pretty darn close to one another.

The rollers seem to move at roughly the same speed, but the R150 seems to have a slight delay to start moving.

Any advice on how to best tweak these shades to work in unison? The client expectation is that IHA will make these operate as one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

My first experience with IHA between a R64 and R150 in a group hasn't been perfect.

This is a Ra2 system with Shade buttons programmed as O/S/C/S. They were ordered with IHA from the factory, and the open & close limits are set pretty darn close to one another.

The rollers seem to move at roughly the same speed, but the R150 seems to have a slight delay to start moving.

Any advice on how to best tweak these shades to work in unison? The client expectation is that IHA will make these operate as one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

8. Likes domino liked this post
    To update anybody that was following along-
    I spent about 4 hours on site with a tape measure and a ladder. Following the IHA instructions in the Tools part of Ra2 got me 90% closer to where I wanted to be- the R150 was usually close but no cigar when controlled as a group with the R64s. It was obvious, however, as I entered measured and entered values according to the IHA tool that I was making progress. I ended up tweaking limits and then re-doing the IHA measurements to get even closer. I found that if I set the R150 a little lower than the R64s at the upper limit I could game the system a little bit. This only works with a deep pocket, so always fight for extra space in your pockets! Finally, I used some good hints from tech support to tweak the fabric thickness and roller diameter numbers to get the rollers darn close to perfect. If you stared at the bottom bars while the shades travelled (esp going upwards) you could see them get a little out of sync but they were always within 1/8". The end result was the client was happy to see the system working the way they expected.