Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Moved into home with radiora2

Moved into home with radiora2

Moved to a place with a radiora2 system installed with a radio ra2 main-rep-wh, and a connect lutron bridge. Both were originally hooked up via ethernet to a router/modem. Is there a way to transfer everything to the new router? Is this something I need a lutron installer to reprogram, or something I could do? Reprogramming the sonos and the nest stuff was super easy, but not sure about this stuff. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
    Moved to a place with a radiora2 system installed with a radio ra2 main-rep-wh, and a connect lutron bridge. Both were originally hooked up via ethernet to a router/modem. Is there a way to transfer everything to the new router? Is this something I need a lutron installer to reprogram, or something I could do? Reprogramming the sonos and the nest stuff was super easy, but not sure about this stuff. Thanks
    You should be able to just plug the repeater and bridge into your router and then power cycle both the repeater and bridge. If they are set as DHCP then they will pull a new IP from the router and you can use the Home+ app or Lutron Connect app to control your system.

If the previous network did not use DHCP or the default network addressing scheme (i.e. 192.168.1.xx), you will need the RR2 software to assign a new IP address.

I always use static IP addresses instead of DHCP. Apple has a unique addressing scheme. Many of the networks I deal with don't use the default addressing scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

If the previous network did not use DHCP or the default network addressing scheme (i.e. 192.168.1.xx), you will need the RR2 software to assign a new IP address.

I always use static IP addresses instead of DHCP. Apple has a unique addressing scheme. Many of the networks I deal with don't use the default addressing scheme.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com